37 hours per week
John Ferneley College is a rapidly expanding and high-performing school that is seeking to appoint a Trainee Senior Premises Officer to join the Estates Team. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to develop and progress in the role of Premises Officer. The role will offer training and shadowing opportunities with a view to progression into a Senior Premises Officer role and Estates/Project Management.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Undertake all aspects of the Assistant Premises Officer role:
locking/unlocking the premises
cleaning, minor repairs and maintenance
ensure that lessons and other activities can take place without delay or disruption
Assist in keeping administrative records (e.g. heating, safety checks, emergency lighting, water etc).
Under the direction of the Estates Manager to carry out emergency security repairs where possible or contact the appropriate contractor.
To undertake cleaning during school closures e.g. floor polishing, cleaning walls etc.
Ensure grounds are kept in a clean and tidy condition by undertaking when necessary, clearing of paths, drains, gullies, car park and litter picking.
Ensure that the college’s Health & Safety policy is complied with in as far as it relates to premises management and premises staff/contractors, to ensure their safety and that of students, staff and other college users.
Undertake training and self-development to take on more responsibility and seniority.
Experience and Key Skills
- Previous experience in a similar role or environment.
- Ability to work either as part of a team or with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritise and keep track of different job requirements.
- Good communication skills.
- A knowledge of Health and Safety regulations.
- Ability to undertake minor repairs and improvements.
Desirable though not essential
- Hold a relevant electrical or mechanical qualification.
- Facilities Service Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Facilities Management Advanced Apprenticeship
- Leadership/Team Management Training
- Health and Safety relevant qualification
- In-house training and shadowing of Estates/Project management.
- 23 days annual leave per year + bank holidays.
- Opportunities for overtime.
For an application pack, including a full job description, please contact Danny Lakins, HR Manager at email@example.com or call on 01664 565901 ext. 125. For more information about the college, see www.johnferneley.org
John Ferneley College is an equal opportunities employer in line with the 2010 Equalities Act.
We welcome applicants regardless of any human difference. Our facilities are fully accessible.
We particularly welcome applicants from Black, Minority and Ethnic groups. We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.