Would you like to earn a salary while you train to become a teacher?
We are looking for a passionate and energetic graduate who loves Maths and wants to become a teacher. This is an exciting opportunity to train in a school on an ambitious journey of transformation, where you can use your enthusiasm and passion for Maths to make a difference to the lives of young people.
- Reports To: Head of Maths
- Hours: Full time role, school based training 4 days per week + 1 day at University
- Salary: £17,600 p/a
- Start Date: September 2020
About School Direct
School Direct (salaried) is an employment based route into teaching for high quality graduates with transferable skills gained through employment experience, a degree, or through other equivalent qualifications and life experiences. You’ll earn a salary while you train towards your Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) recommendation, and won’t need to pay any tuition fees.
The programme is managed by the Weatherhead Teaching Alliance in conjunction with Liverpool John Moores University. You’ll be based at The Birkenhead Park School where you’ll be working alongside experienced practioners in the Maths department, including the head of department who was awarded ‘Mentor of the Year Award’ by Liverpool John Moores University.
We are looking for a highly committed team player, with a passion for developing and inspiring young people to learn new skills and nurture a love for mathematics. We are keen to work with someone who has the potential to become an outstanding teacher, who possesses creativity, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong organisational abilities.
The School is part of BePART Educational Trust which was set up by Birkenhead Sixth Form College, an Ofsted Outstanding post-16 specialist, recently awarded TES Sixth Form College of the Year 2018. The School and the College work together collaboratively to share and develop educational best practice and create an inspiring culture with opportunities for career development. The Birkenhead Park School aims to achieve “Ambition and Excellence for All” and we are committed to providing the best possible education for every student. The School is driven by the values of Positivity, Ambition, Resilience, and Thoughtfulness, and building character is seen as a fundamental priority in securing our students’ future success.
- You’ll need to have a minimum 2:2 honours degree.
- Your degree may be in Maths, or a subject with a mathematical element, but you will not be excluded from consideration if your degree is in a different subject – support is available to anyone who needs to develop their subject knowledge in order to teach Maths.
- You’ll need to have achieved a standard equivalent to grade C / 4, or above, in the GCSE examinations in English and Mathematics
- You’ll need to evidence your interest in teaching; this could be through time spent in schools, your knowledge of the Mathematics curriculum area, or relevant practical experience
We welcome all prospective candidates to call us to find out more about the opportunity – please call our School Direct Leader at the school, Mrs Houghton, on 0151 652 1574.
Interested applicants should complete the 'Trainee Teacher - School Direct Application Form', available below or to download from the school website.