Who are we?
Blackpool and The Fylde College sits in the heart of Lancashire and our mission is: Inspirational learning creating outstanding futures. Offering a wide range of courses from GCSE to Degree Level, we place the learner at the heart of all we do.
As we are in the center of Lancashire we have access to fantastic transport links to Manchester, The Lake District and The Ribble Valley. All of which are within an hour travel time.
What would your responsibilities be?
- Deliver high quality and effective training with the accident repair industry including: Paint, Panel, Hybrid, Met, Fgas, and other related courses to meet employers BSI 11025 requirements.
- Delivering both practical and theoretical sessions to a range of customers and clients.
- To be fully conversant with course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
- Undertake planning, delivery and the assessment of the IMI accredited courses within the workplace or at college and to devise a range of effective training materials.
- Conduct delegate assessments and other ‘On the Job’ competency assessments.
- To prepare reports and documentation as required for college, awarding body and quality assurance purposes.
- Provide effective feedback to clients.
- To undertake evaluation to drive improvement.
- Write training courses and specifications as required.
- Assist in the directed development and delivery of related programs.
- To liaise with other staff to ensure a high standard of learning.
- Securing quality improvement within the School.
- To assist in growing the college’s provision in the Motor Vehicle sector focusing on the delivery of the commercial plan and promote progression opportunities to candidates and their employers as appropriate.
- Playing a part in monitoring student enrolment, success rates and take remedial action where necessary, this will include final assessments where necessary.
- To use effectively the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, i.e. e-registers, Moodle, internal verification etc. (This list is not exhaustive).
- Maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times and ensure that students are aware of safe practices and procedures.
- To maintain professional knowledge up to date through attending staff development, industry seminars, appropriate reading, and other activities.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions at B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
In return B&FC provide the following benefits
- Free car parking
- Access to on site gym
- Onsite Starbucks
- Canteen, which offers a range of meals
- Free breakfast
- Professional development
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Induction programme
- Performance review scheme
- Pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
If you would like more information about B&FC please click the link below.
Or if you would like to apply, please click apply.