Trainer Assessor – Business Administration
Salary: Up to £ 23,784.02 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Sunday 10th November 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Nelson and Colne College are an Ofsted Outstanding College with an excellent local reputation. We are looking for a Business Administration Trainer Assessor to join our talented and learner focused Business Unit team on a fixed term contract basis for 1 year.
Working with apprentices placed in businesses across Lancashire, the successful candidate will be committed to work-based learning provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of a Trainer Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our apprentices will have in the future. Supporting a caseload of apprentices through their qualifications, the successful candidate will have a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working as a Trainer Assessor, providing outstanding support to apprentices across the County. We will, however, also consider applications from individuals who have a wealth of Business Administration experience in addition to the ability to demonstrate previous experience of supporting and guiding individuals through qualifications as part of their previous roles.
Main duties include:
• Deliver all elements of relevant Business Unit programmes including: training, mentoring, apprentice reviews, timely feedback and assessment
• Deal with student recruitment, admission and induction procedures
• Be involved in apprentice, college and company inductions
• Take a “hands-on” approach with apprentices, coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new standards
• Conduct initial assessment of apprentice needs
• Maintain accurate apprentice records
• Identify and facilitate the placement of apprentices in order to ensure that both apprentice and employer needs are met
• Plan and record apprentices’ training plans
The ideal candidates will have:
• GCSE grade C or equivalent qualification in both Maths and English
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject (Business Administration)
• Current commercial/industrial experience
• The ability to motivate young people toward achievement of their planned objectives
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete the online application process.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
We look forward to hearing from you.