Trainer Assessor – London
£21,100 per annum + Fantastic Pension & 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
About the Role
You will be responsible for delivering and assessing a variety of First Aid and Health & Safety courses to our workplace and community training customers. Due to our wide range of clients, no training course should ever be the same, and you will deal with people from all backgrounds with different learning styles.
You must therefore have the ability to remain passionate, and engaging while delivering a training syllabus and have the expertise to deliver the content at the right pace for the training groups, as often these training courses can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
As part of your role, you will receive constant training and development.
- Must have right to work in the UK
- Must have experience in delivering first class training and coaching groups of adults
- Expertise in First Aid or health and safety Training would be an advantage
- CTLLS or CILD / Level 4 Training Qualifications would also be a distinct advantage
- This role includes regional travel, so you must have a car/consistent public transport.
- As you will be visiting SJA training sites as well as client sites, you must be well organised and motivated.
What we offer
- A salary of £21,100 per annum for qualified applicants
- Fantastic pension
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) – Rising to 38 days (including bank holidays) after 5 years
- Learning and development opportunities
St John Ambulance is the nation’s leading first aid charity. Every year, 400,000 people learn how to save a life through our training programmes, including hundreds of thousands of young people.
To achieve this, we provide a wide range of products and services to the community such as our workplace and community training, first aid support at events and our vital work with the emergency services with our ambulance operations. We generate around £100m per annum which we reinvest in delivering and campaigning for better access to first aid for everyone.
We are also passionate about campaigning to raise awareness of first aid so that everyone has access to life saving knowledge through our award-winning ad campaigns such as "The Chokeables" which is credited with saving at least 54 babies lives and recently won the Charity Film of the Year Award 2017.
Working at St John Ambulance - More than one way to save a life
We are a constantly evolving team of over 2,000 employees and 18,000 volunteers, together we’re united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, first aid training and campaigning, to ensure that no one suffers from the lack of first aiders.
Our values of Humanity, Excellence, Accountability, Responsiveness and Team Work drive everything we do and we believe that our people are the key to our success, regardless of the department they work in.