Title: Trainer Assessor – Electrical Engineering
Closing Date: 22nd September 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Salary: Up to £27,858.27 depending on experience
Nelson and Colne College are an Ofsted Outstanding College with an excellent local reputation. We are looking for a Trainer Assessor, specialising in Electrical Engineering, to join our talented, learner focused team.
Working with learners placed in businesses across Lancashire, the successful candidate will be committed to work-based learning provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of an Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our learners will have in the future.
Supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications, the successful candidate will have a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards.
This vacancy has arisen due to enormous growth in this subject area. We will consider applications on a part-time or job share basis.
Main duties include:
• Deliver all elements of relevant Business Unit programmes including: training in the workplace, mentoring, monitoring and measuring impact, timely feedback and assessment
• Deal with Apprentice recruitment, admission and induction procedures
• Identifying and facilitating the placement of students in order to ensure that both student and employer needs are met
• Being involved in the internal verification process of assessment
• Plan and record Apprentices’ training plans
The ideal candidate will have:
• Have an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an Electrical Engineering based discipline, plus an A1 Award
• Demonstrate previous experience of delivery and assessment of qualifications in Electrical Engineering
• Possess current commercial knowledge/industrial experience
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website –and complete the online application process.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.