We have a fantastic opportunity for a Trainer / Assessor in IT and Digital to join our Apprenticeships & Commercial Training team.
At Wakefield College we currently deliver IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals apprenticeship frameworks as well as Level 3 Infrastructure Technician, Level 3 Digital Marketer and Level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship standards and are looking to expand our Digital apprenticeship provision in the region.
As a Trainer / Assessor for IT and Digital, you will deliver high quality training to individuals and groups and assess learners in their place of work and College to meet National Occupational Standards within the IT / Digital sector.
We are looking for a Trainer / Assessor who has knowledge and technical industry experience of working in the IT / Digital sector. Experience of apprenticeship delivery in IT Technical Support, Network Infrastructure, Digital Marketing, Data Analysis and Software Development would be desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity which will allow you to pass on your IT / Digital experience, knowledge, skills and ideas to young people in order to help support them in improving their own skills and attributes.
As a Trainer / Assessor for IT and Digital, you should:
• Hold a level 4 IT qualification or VENDOR accreditation or ability to demonstrate working at this level
• Have GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or level 2 equivalent
• Have relevant experience within the IT / Digital industry
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• The ability to motivate learners
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Be able to plan, organise and prioritise own workload
• The ability to promote our apprenticeship provision and work with employers to grow business
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
• Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
• Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
• Discounted Metro Card Scheme
• Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
• Good Pension Scheme
• Access to employee assistance programme
• A wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 14 October 2019.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.