Trainer Assessor – Higher Level Apprenticeship Construction Management (0.5 – 1 FTE)
Salary: Up to £28,353 per annum depending on experience (pro rata if part time)
Closing Date: Thursday 21st February 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Nelson and Colne College are an Ofsted Outstanding College with an excellent local reputation. We are looking for a Higher Level Apprenticeship Construction Management Trainer Assessor to join our talented and learner focused team. Depending on the successful candidate, there is scope for the position to be part time (0.5 or greater) or full time.
Working with learners placed in businesses across Lancashire the successful candidates will be committed to work-based learning provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of a Trainer Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our learners will have in the future. Supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications, the successful candidate will have a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards.
Main duties include:
• Deliver all elements of relevant programmes including: training, mentoring, learner reviews, timely feedback and assessment
• Deal with student recruitment, sign-up and induction procedures
• Be involved in student, College and company inductions
• Take a “hands-on” approach with students, coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with frameworks and new Standards
• Conduct initial assessment of student needs
• Maintain accurate student records
• Identify and facilitate the placement of students in order to ensure that both student and employer needs are met
• Plan and record students’ training plans
The ideal candidate will have:
• A GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
• A degree/HND in a relevant subject area (construction site management)
• An A1 qualification
• Current commercial/industrial experience
• Experience of delivery and assessment of qualifications
• Experience of assessing qualifications and progressive levels
• Experience of tracking and monitoring progress on an e-portfolio
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete the online application process.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
We look forward to hearing from you.