Do you want to work for an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ college?
Walsall College is one of the leading colleges in the sector, being uniquely and proudly vocational, we are committed to bringing talent to life by maximising the potential of our students and staff.
The successful candidate will plan, prepare and undertake training and assessment activities in a College training environment or in a learner’s place of work, to which some of your workload may be scheduled to the delivery of practical training programmes.
You must have successful experience of designing and delivering assessment programmes and the ability to deliver excellence in teaching, learning, tutoring and assessment processes. The ability to assess functional skills within the main programme and the skills to increase recruitment, retention and achievement whilst maintaining quality standards are essential.
You will be required to teach/have specialist knowledge of Business Administration Level 2, 3 & 4 and Medical Administration Level 2 & 3 and must hold an NVQ Level 3 in Direct Training, Assessor and Verifier Award, and a Teaching Qualification, minimum PTLLS or CTLLS (or equivalent).
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salary, of up to £33,735 per annum for Trainer Assessors.
- Up to 29 days annual leave with generous additional closure days.
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Busy Bees Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Two state of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/vulnerable adults. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.