Trainer Assessor Plumbing
Reference Number: SCC161729B
Salary: Up to £17,500 (a pro-rata of £35,000) per annum
Advert Closing Date: 30th July 2017
Interview Date: week commencing 7th August 2017
Location: Frontier House
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 18.5
Salford City College are seeking to appoint a high calibre individual to this role to support the continued success in this specialist delivery area. The College has a long tradition of working with some of the biggest and best employers regionally and nationally in this field, and the successful candidate must be able to work proactively with these organisations.
The ideal candidate will hold an Assessor Award/ IQA award or equivalent as well as a level 3 craft qualification and possess an abundance of recent industrial experience in installation plumbing , in addition, to carry out delivery and assessment of Plumbing and Gas Qualifications including Commercial re-licencing.
Experience of apprenticeship frameworks and supporting apprentices to achieve up to level 4 in Building Services Management in a timely manner is also essential.
Reason to Join Us
- 32 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays), Sixth Form College Association terms and conditions and automatic enrolment into the generous pension scheme
- A wide range of learning & career opportunities
- MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
- Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
- We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
- For information on living and working in Salford please visit here
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.