Trainer Assessor – Residential Childcare
Salary: Up to £25,096.63 depending on experience
Hours: 37 per week
Site: Accrington & Rossendale College
Closing Date: Midnight – Sunday 3rd October
Interview Date: TBC
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
The College Group is looking for a full-time permanent Trainer Assessor for Residential Childcare to work within our busy Work-based Learning and Apprenticeship department. The right candidate will need to specialise in working in residential settings and with looked after children and young people. You will need to understand the residential worker’s role and the process of multi-agency teams in homes.
Working with learners placed in businesses and children’s’ residential homes across Lancashire, the successful candidates will be committed to work-based learning/apprenticeship provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of a Trainer Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our learners will have in the future. Supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications, the successful candidate will have a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Childcare standards and EPA process.
What You Will Be Doing
• Deliver all elements of the childcare standards including: training, mentoring, learner reviews, timely feedback and assessment
• Deal with apprenticeship recruitment and enrolments
• Be involved in apprenticeship, college and company inductions
• Take a “hands-on” approach with apprentices, coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards
• Conduct initial assessment of student needs
• Maintain accurate apprenticeship records, training plans/ assessments through our e-portfolio
• Identify and facilitate the employers of apprenticeships in order to ensure that both apprenticeship and employer needs are met
• Understand children’s residential home roles and processes
• Establish and maintain good relationships with employers
What We Are Looking For:
• GCSE grade C or equivalent qualification in both Maths and English
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject (Childcare)
• An assessing qualification
• Experience of working in children residential homes (Essential)
What We Offer in Return:
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
• Fantastic family friendly policies
• Free on-site parking on all College sites
• Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Take me to the Application form: https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/application-form/
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team on email@example.com
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Nelson and Colne College
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
Nelson and Colne College, located in the town of Nelson, Lancashire, offers further education to 1,600 full-time students and 3,500 part-time adults. The college was founded during the reorganisation of education in Pendle in the early 1970s and crea...