Trainer Assessor – Senior Healthcare Worker
Salary: Up to £24,390.78 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Sunday 30th May 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
We are looking to appoint a full time Trainer Assessor- Senior Healthcare Worker to join our talented and learner focused Business Unit team on a permanent basis, working 37 hours per week.
Working with learners placed in businesses across Lancashire, the successful candidate will be committed to work-based learning provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of a Trainer/Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our learners will have in the future. Supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications, the successful candidate will have a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Healthcare Standards.
Main duties include:
• Deliver all elements of the Senior Healthcare worker programme including: training, mentoring, learner reviews with employers, timely assessment and feedback
• Deal with apprenticeship recruitment and enrolments
• Be involved in apprenticeship, College and company inductions
• Take a “hands-on” approach with students, coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards
• Conduct initial assessment of student needs
• Maintain accurate student records and training plans/assessments through our e-portfolio
• Identify and facilitate the placement of students in order to ensure that both student and employer needs are
• Establish and maintain good relationships with employers
The ideal candidate will have:
• NVQ Level 3 or above /Standard or equivalent qualification in the relevant subject -Healthcare ( with clinical experience)
• A1 qualification
• V1 or equivalent qualification and a teaching qualification (desirable)
• Current industry experience
• Experience of delivery and assessment of qualifications
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete the online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Accrington and Rossendale College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 14+ years
Accrington and Rossendale College is a mixed, further education college in Lancashire that accepts students aged 14 and over. Vocational education is the college’s main focus, offering courses such as construction, media and design, hospitality, spor...