St Ignatius College is a Jesuit school in identity and mission, for boys 11-18
Transition Teacher, Primary to Secondary - Required for September 2020 or sooner
Salary Scale MPS / UPS
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic Ofsted rated ‘good’ school where all can thrive. We value our staff and want to develop them to the full in a supportive environment.
This role would be suited to a skilled primary school teacher looking to further their career by making the move into secondary education. The successful candidate will have excellent teaching skills and will work predominantly with Year 7 and Year 8 students and be able to teach most subjects at KS3. The successful candidate will have the ability to provide a supportive transition programme with a focus on English/Literacy and Maths/Numeracy, will have a passion for teaching, and be hard-working, flexible, innovative and will enjoy working collaboratively to secure the best possible outcomes for students.
St Ignatius College is:
• A well-respected, oversubscribed Jesuit Community committed to the spiritual, personal and academic development of each individual: the formation of the whole person
• A warm friendly community where all are respected and valued
• A school where teachers are developed ‘’through a strong programme of ongoing individualised support’ and where leaders are ‘’without compromise in their continuing programme of improvement’’
• A school where students are courteous, respectful and keen to succeed
• Teacher testimonial: “I feel that I have really grown professionally at St Ignatius College. Teachers are encouraged to take risks with their practice and the CPD is second to none. It is an incredibly supportive environment.”
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to support Year 7 and Year 8 with their transition from primary into secondary education
• Have a vision for what outstanding learning & teaching should look like
• Be well qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated
What we offer:
• Leadership Programmes
• Progression Opportunities
• Teacher Training Programmes
• Comprehensive CPD programme
• NQT Induction Programme with weekly support sessions
• Teaching and Learning briefings
• Professional Thursdays
Our department offer:
• An all-inclusive department where staff are totally committed to ensuring successful outcomes for our students
• Highly organised, committed, energetic and well equipped department
• Opportunities to share best practice
• A department where students flourish and are enthusiastic about the subject
• A suite of classrooms
• Excellent modern facilities in a well-resourced school that has recently been refurbished
• Free car parking
• 100 % interest free season ticket loan
• Tax free bikes for work
• Teacher’s Pension Scheme
If this sounds like the job for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please download an application pack from http://www.st-ignatius.enfield.sch.uk/291/staff-vacancies
Completed application forms and the Declaration of Criminal Offences should be emailed to email@example.com
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. However, the successful applicant will be expected to support the distinct Catholic ethos of the College. St Ignatius College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Anyone applying to work in our school is expected to share this commitment.
The deadline for applications is 9am Friday 21st February 2020
Applications will be considered immediately upon receipt.
We welcome visits to the College prior to application
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Candidates will be contacted by telephone or email to attend interview if required.
ST IGNATIUS COLLEGE
Headteacher: Mary O’Keeffe