TRUST CATERING MANAGER
PERMANENT, WHOLE TIME, 37 HOURS PER WEEK
NJC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SALARY RANGE: SCP49 £54,323.00 – SCP51 £57,352.00
(Currently undertaking a job evaluation process)
Base: North Shore Academy, Talbot Street, Stockton On Tees, TS20 2AY
Northern Education Trust (NET) is a DFE approved charity that sponsors academies to ensure that every student achieves their full potential. The Trust sponsors 21 academies; 11 secondary and 10 primaries across the North of England in eleven Local Authority regions. NET focuses on improving outcomes and life chances for its students, maintaining a high culture of expectations and creating a positive space for students to thrive.
Our catering provision is currently outsourced. The position of Trust Catering Manager is a newly created post to enable us to bring the catering function in house for the majority of our primary and secondary academies in February 2022. This is an exciting opportunity to influence the set up and development of the Trust’s catering function. Reporting directly to the Director of Business Services you will be based at North Shore Academy but regular travel will be required across all academies.
The ideal candidate will:
• be an experienced, enthusiastic and inspirational individual with the ability to lead our catering teams in our academies
• have a ‘can do’ attitude and creative flair to create an outstanding catering function
• be able to inspire and motivate staff, training and supporting them to deliver a high standard of service each day
• have the ability to develop menus which comply with statutory requirements to ensure our students receive high quality, healthy and nutritional meals, which are cost effective and affordable
• be able to carry out regular checks to ensure that kitchens have full risk assessments in accordance with HACCP and COSHH.
Northern Education Trust is committed to safer recruitment practices and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check. We expect all adults who work for the Trust to share our commitment to safeguarding and the health and wellbeing of our students.
Holiday entitlement is 30 days per year (September to August). All other conditions are NJC conditions. Service with a body listed on the redundancy modification order will be recognised for continuous service purposes.
For further information please download an application pack from www.northerneducationtrust.org or contact Ellie High at (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note completed applications must be returned to Ellie by email.
Closing date: 26th August 2021
We reserve the right to close the advert early should there be a high volume of applications received.
Northern Education Trust
- English secondary schools
On behalf of the Northern Education Trust Board, welcome to the Northern Education Trust.
We are unswerving in our commitment to ensure that the outcomes our young people secure prepare them fully for life beyond school. Our Academies are happy and t...