A COMPELLING VISION FOR SUCCESS
Trust Central Services Apprentice
18-month apprenticeship studying toward
BTEC L3 Diploma in Business Administration
36 Hours per week, 52.14 Weeks per year
We are seeking to appoint an Administrative Apprentice to support a busy educational Trust with general administration and any other duties as directed by the Trust Services Manager and/or the CEO.
Administrative duties are likely to include the following:
• Composing and responding to emails
• Data entry on various spreadsheets
• Acting as a personal assistant to the Facilities team and the Trust
• Raising purchase orders
• Supporting the Facilities team with ticketing system
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- BMAT – Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy, available on our website
An Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
Please note we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers, therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
Purpose of role
To undertake a range of administrative duties to support the Facilities Team and the Trust to deliver a consistent, high quality, integrated and seamless service.
• To maintain confidentiality in all aspects of stakeholders’ and staff information;
• To maintain filing systems to ensure that accurate up to date information is available to the Facilities department and the Trust;
• To support Trust Services Manager and the Trust with data collation and interpretation, as required;
• To undertake filing, photocopying and general clerical work on behalf of the Facilities department and the Trust;
• To undertake standard word-processing, presentation work, spreadsheet work as required;
• To attend team/Trust meetings and produce subsequent minutes / actions as and when required;
• To interact with staff, clients, suppliers and visitors in a professional and courteous manner;
• Where applicable, meet & greet including organising meetings and making appointments;
• Where applicable, answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member;
• Where applicable, provide assistance to the main Reception;
• To keep up to date with the Trust’s requirements (policies and procedures);
• Liaise with Trust Services Manager for additional duties when required;
• To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people;
• To comply with Health and Safety requirements.
• To meet the demands of qualification requirements and work with the training provider to ensure qualification is obtained within set timescales;
• Attend college/training provider as and when required;
• Meet deadlines of college/training provider;
• Ensure both- training provider and line manager are informed if unable to attend college.
The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, duties and responsibilities of the post may change as requirements and circumstances change. The post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as requested by management that are broadly within the level of the post.
- Qualification at Level 2 (Grade C or above) in English, Maths and Science with good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including telephone skills
- Excellent IT skills, and proficient in the use of IT packages
- The ability to absorb information readily and speedily and work under pressure
- Work constructively as part of a team and work independently
- A good understand of the need for confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility as the role may require working between Academies within the Trust
- Be willing and able to undertake a wide range of duties as required
- Able to adapt and embrace change
- Ability to find innovative solutions to problems/issues
- Ability to relate well to staff, students’, parents and public
- Ability to work cooperatively as a positive team member and leader
- A positive, “can-do” approach with colleagues and students