Trust Director of Science
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust
Extremely competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional NPCAT Benefits
Relocation allowance available
Responsible to: Trust Senior Standards Officer
Responsible for: Postholders, teaching staff, associate staff, individual school leaders of Science and student outcomes and progress within the Trust
The main functions of this post include:
• To play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning of Science and the academic success of all students across our four secondary schools
• To ensure the highest standards of teaching, learning and achievement across all four secondary schools
• To lead in the design of curriculum provision and resources for KS3, KS4 and KS5, building on KS2
• To lead in the monitoring, evaluation and review of standards and provision within Science across the Trust
Main Areas of Responsibility
• To collaborate as a member of the Standards Division in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
• To account for students’ performance in line with Trust procedures.
• To provide the CEO with relevant and accurate information relating to performance of individual school Science departments and development across the Trust’s four secondary schools.
• To support and participate in the work of the NPCAT in curriculum development, as appropriate.
• To contribute actively towards the formulation of all Trust policies and procedures, ensuring their consistent implementation.
• To ensure high quality teaching and learning across the Trust.
• To ensure that the Science subject knowledge of staff across the Trust is exemplary.
• To ensure that behaviour strategies to enhance learning are effectively deployed.
• To ensure that Schemes of Learning and Independent Work books for identified curriculum areas are of a high quality.
For a confidential discussion about this post with the CEO, more information or to arrange a visit, please contact the Trust on 01642 298100 or email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 18th October 2019
If you think a career with us is right for you, discover more at: www.npcat.org.uk
Application form and further information is available from: npcat.org.uk Applicants should complete and return a Leadership Application Form, a Recruitment Monitoring Form and a Rehabilitation of Offenders Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks.