Are you an HR generalist who enjoys the recruitment aspect of your role more so than anything else? Or perhaps you currently work within an in-house recruitment team but are seeking a new challenge where you can develop your skills and experience further? Do you want to be part of a small but highly effective team that will support you to thrive in your role?
Leigh Academies Trust’s Talent Team, part of the wider HR Department, is responsible for delivering a fully centralised recruitment process that all LAT academies benefit from. We have a great opportunity to appoint a Recruitment Co-ordinator who will join our team for the new academic year commencing early September 2019. Working across all segments in our organisation and with a variety of stakeholders/hiring managers, this is a broad and varied role so an open and positive mind-set is essential.
Leigh Academies Trust is currently comprised of 23 unique and successful academies, located across the South East London area through to central Kent – click here to view more information about how and where we operate. By 2020, we will also open 3 brand new academies in the Rainham and Maidstone areas, allowing us to support even more schools and communities with our expertise to ensure we attract and retain the very best employees who are collectively responsible for educating over 15,000 students.
Despite the education sector being one of the most challenging to recruit for, we are unlike other multi-academy trusts based on how centralised our recruitment process is and just how closely we know and work with each of our schools, and the standard we currently work to will be continued and enhanced throughout our growth plans.
Reporting to the Head of Recruitment & Talent Management, the Recruitment Co-ordinator who joins our team will be personable, a genuine team player and thrive on working autonomously and using your initiative. You will have relevant experience within in a busy HR and/or in-house recruitment environment. Above all else, a positive attitude and motivation to perform well in this role is essential, as is a real passion for recruitment and a proudness to represent Leigh Academies Trust in the best way possible. You will quickly develop an understanding of our academies including their USPs, roles and requirements. You will be creative with your direct sourcing and deliver proactive candidate attraction strategies. In addition, you will build strong and lasting relationships with a variety of hiring managers and stakeholders across the business, sharing best practice and advising on recruitment conduct. The role sits within a four-person in-house recruitment team who work hard and achieve real success year after year with our academies. If you’re looking for a role that offers genuine job satisfaction, this is the role for you - click here to see a glimpse of why we're so proud of what we do. We want the best people in Leigh Academies Trust, and we hope you want to be part of it.
For more information on the role itself, please consult the Job Description by clicking here.
The successful candidate will already have the following personal attributes and will be keen to develop them further;
- Problem solving - proven ability to take a variety of business requirements and translate these into tangible and workable solutions using best practice techniques
- Commercial awareness - demonstrated ability to see, understand and advise on resourcing and recruitment matters from a business perspective, establishing credibility, trust and respect from senior management and leaders
- Analytical - ability to understand and respond to complex problems, draw and present the right insight and recommendations effectively
- Proven ability to thrive in a complex matrix environment, collaborate effectively with broader teams and gain support for projects, bringing people together to deliver
- High levels of self-awareness and committed to personal development with a growth mind-set
In return, the successful candidate will receive;
- A salary of £25k per annum which increases annually based on successful performance
- 25 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Career development and training opportunities to suit your needs and career objectives
- From time to time during busy periods there will also be the need to attend evening/occasional weekend events which is offered in return as time off in lieu (notice is given well in advance for any events)
Please note that training will be provided to upskill you in any areas that you do not currently have experience/knowledge. As travel between sites is essential for this role, you must hold a valid UK driving license and have access to your own vehicle – mileage is reimbursed in line with our Expenses Policy.
Please contact Olivia Couzins, Head of Recruitment & Talent Management, for a confidential conversation or if you have any questions about the role – 01634 412 240 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.