The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking applicants to fill the role of part-time Tuckshop assistant for 9 hours per week. This role would be undertaken for 4 hours on a Tuesday and 5 hours on a Friday each week.
The successful applicant should:
• Have an understanding of and commitment to the principles of Catholic Education and be supportive of the values and mission of our school.
• Have kitchen or hospitality experience.
• Have the ability to work as a member of a team.
• Be happy to work in a busy environment with volunteers, school staff and children.
The position is part-time contract for 9 hours each week – school term time and will run from Tuesday 19th February to Friday 6th December, 2019.
St. Thomas More School is a Catholic Primary School administered by the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane through the Brisbane Catholic Education Office and is a member of Marist Schools of Australia. The school offers quality, inclusive education, in the Catholic tradition. This provides equity of opportunity for all to participate in the experience of lifelong learning. The strong family spirit in the community promotes a sense of integrity, justice, and personal fulfilment that encourages children to critically question themselves and society as they prepare for a future characterised by personal growth and renewal. In our faith community the individual’s potential for learning is nurtured, the Christian story is embraced, faith is celebrated in prayerful and reflective ways, and the children discover a belief in their own capacity to contribute to the Church and society.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing Tuesday 19th February
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only - holidays unpaid
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): Tuesday 19th February to Friday 6th December, 2019.
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 9 hours per week
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Service Staff Level 2 Step 1
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Carmel Schaumburg
Contact Telephone Number: (07) 54492022
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window