Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a Tutor to join our successful SEND supply teaching team and to work in Dereham, Norfolk with a student on a 1:1 basis. This position is to begin as soon as possible, and continue until at least July 2018.
The desired Tutor will be tutoring Maths, English and Science at GCSE Level. The lesson plans will already be planned and in place, and it will be the responsibility of the successful Tutor to teach these lessons in an engaging, effective and inspiring manner. You will be expected to establish a strong and positive rapport with the student you’re supporting and aim to develop their confidence and learning within the relevant subject matter. In addition, the desired Tutor will need to have the ability to hit the ground running and easily adapt themselves to changing situations. Whilst the lessons will already be in place, it will be your responsibility to adapt these accordingly if you feel this is appropriate for the student you’re supporting.
You will be based in a local outreach provision in Dereham, working Monday to Friday from 10am-2pm.
To be considered for the position as Tutor, you must:
· Have experience teaching/tutoring children and young people, including pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including; Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties, Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties and/or Autism (ASD/ASC)
· Have experience of teaching, tutoring and/or being a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HTLA)
· Be flexible, adaptable and able to travel to Dereham
· Have a passion for teaching with the ability to deliver inspiring lessons
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Tutor, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Tutor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
For more information on this position as a Tutor and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire and Norfolk, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk