We are currently looking for a proactive, organised and enthusiastic Tutor to work as part of our team. This is a Term Time Only position working 32 hours a week.
Lessons are built around the individual student and their changing needs, consequently the work requirements may change over time. The successful applicant will have differentiation and AfL teaching strategies embedded in their teaching approach. You may be required to plan and deliver a range of subjects at different levels. Our curriculum includes literacy, numeracy, ICT, independent living skills, PSE, work experience and preparing for work or college. The successful candidate will have a generous allocation of planning, preparation and assessment time in order to support delivery of high quality differentiated learning experiences.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience of working effectively with learners with a range of special educational needs.
- The ability to plan and monitor schemes of work and provide engaging lessons under the guidance of the Head of Education.
- Be responsible for tracking and reporting on student progress.
- Have the ability to communicate and work effectively as part of our dedicated and highly valued team.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Priory College North Wales is a specialist further education college for learners aged 16-25 with Autistic Spectrum Condition and a range of associated conditions. Priory College North Wales works in partnership with Coleg Cambria to deliver mainstream education with tailored support in education, independence and communication skills. We also offer bespoke tailored programmes for students including therapies.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
Priory College North Wales
- Special needs with state funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 25 years
Priory College North Wales is an independent specialist day college, providing support and care for young people aged 16 to 25 years with Asperger Syndrome, autistic spectrum conditions and associated conditions. The college works in partnership with...