BE Education was founded in 2003 with the aim of helping Chinese students gain entry into the most reputable schools in the UK. Since then, BE has become one of the leading education consultancies in China. We provide high-quality consulting services; from tailor-made study plans and application preparations to follow-up services after studying, we adhere to the student-oriented principle and always act in the best interests of the student.
It’s an exciting time to join BE – after many years of success placing students into elite schools, we are now expanding rapidly into guiding students on their applications to competitive universities around the world.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and inspiring Higher Education Advisor to work with our London-based UK Higher Education Team to provide high-quality advice, information and guidance to our students on their university applications. You will enjoy working with young people and motivating them through one-to-one guidance meetings and delivering skills workshops alongside other members of the team.
The skills and qualities we are seeking:
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience in advising students on university applications
- Knowledge of the UCAS system
- Ability to communicate effectively, patiently and compassionately with young people
- Ability to work within a small team that are based remotely in the UK and also liaise with a large team of Consultants based in China
- Independent worker and reliable team-mate
- Strong sense of initiative and a resourceful nature
- Flexible approach to the working environment and organisation of workload
- Personal and professional integrity
- Genuine passion for education and helping others to go further
- Studied at a UK university either at undergraduate or postgraduate level
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of working with the Chinese market
- Knowledge of the UK Higher Education landscape
- Clear understanding of various education systems such as those of the UK, Australia, China, and the US
- Experience of tutoring or teaching
The post is full-time and based at the London office in Victoria, but applications for reduced hours/flexible remote working will be considered.
For more information about the role and BE Education, please download the job description below and visit http://www.be.co/. In order to apply, please complete the application form and email it to Frances Downham (email@example.com) by 5pm on 28th February 2020.