We are seeking a Uniform Shop Convenor to run our onsite uniform shop for four days per week. You will be responsible for planning, organising and controlling the day to day operation of the shop.
Typical duties and responsibilities performed include, but are not limited to:
1. Carry out a wide range of managerial type duties including maintaining manual and computerized records
• Annual revision of Uniform price list
• Maintain financial records
• Source supplies for new uniform items
• Liaise with suppliers
• Regular and annual stock takes
• Maintain stock records
2. Respond to enquiries from parents and students
• Be available to assist parents and students select appropriate uniforms
• Assist with sizing of uniforms
• Take phone enquiries and return calls relating to uniforms
3. Maintain a float. Manage the day to day accounting necessary for the uniform shop operation
• Preparation of invoices
• Receipting of monies
• Purchase of uniforms
• Daily reconciliation of cash float
4. Other duties as may be requested by the Principal, Business Manager or members of the Leadership Team.
To be successful in this role, you will be:
• Supportive of the Catholic Ethos of Marymount College
• Friendly and adaptable
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Good communication skills and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
• Possess excellent time management skills
• Confident use of technology
• Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel)
• Previous experience in a school environment would be an advantage. The preferred applicant will have had experience in a retail environment.
A cover letter addressing the criteria outlined above, should be included with your application.
Marymount College is an exceptional coeducational secondary College with a strong faculty culture, a commitment to adolescent learners and to life-giving learning for all. The College serves the southern Gold Coast and has a predicted enrolment of approximately 1330 students in 2020, a solid reputation for holistic Catholic education and a proud record, academically, in the arts and in sport. It is located at Burleigh Waters, 3 kms from Burleigh Heads. We embrace the person and vision of Jesus, and the example of Mary and St Francis, as we encourage all to respond to the creative presence of God in the spiritual, pastoral and social dimensions of their life.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 2021 school year
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 22 hours per week over 4 days
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Services Staff Level 3 - $29.05 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Jan Delves
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5586 1000
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane Catholic Education