Uniformed Protective Services Teacher (0.7)
Salary: Up to £36,007 per annum (pro-rata) depending on experience
Closing Date: Sunday 18th April 2021
Interview Date: TBC
**Please note that there is limited activity on the main College sites at this time. However, we are continuing with essential recruitment processes and all applications will be considered for shortlisting in the normal way.**
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Nelson and Colne College is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher to join their Uniformed Protective Services Team on a part-time (24.5 hours per week), permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding leader, focused on student progress and supporting students into high quality educational and work based destinations.
The ideal candidate will also have knowledge/experience of delivering BTEC programmes.
Main duties include:
• Teach BTEC Uniformed Protective Services, delivering effective learning for students
• Be up to date, plan and prepare and high quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours (567 hrs per annum)
• Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
• To act as a personal tutor for a group across their programme as a whole
• Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/course/subject records and provide information, as requested
The ideal candidate will have:
• A degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• A recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
• A higher degree or advanced qualification (desirable)
• Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area
• Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully
• Demonstrate a student centred approach to teaching and learning
How to apply:
If you are interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Nelson and Colne College
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
Nelson and Colne College, located in the town of Nelson, Lancashire, offers further education to 1,600 full-time students and 3,500 part-time adults. The college was founded during the reorganisation of education in Pendle in the early 1970s and crea...