A post of University Counsellor is available to help co-ordinate and oversee the university applications process to worldwide destinations. The holder of this position will join a dynamic Sixth Form Team which includes a University Guidance arm.
The scope of this role is extensive because the guidance required at JESS covers worldwide options (UK, USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa and more). Experience of working with students in a school environment and/or university admissions teams would be a distinct advantage.
• Experience of working with young people
• Desire to actively research higher education options worldwide
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively in a small team
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to research information
• Initiative and a proactive approach • Experience of helping students to make competitive university applications
• Knowledge of university and college admissions systems
• Experience of working with UCAS/ The Common Application
• Experience of International Baccalaureate & BTEC qualifications
• Knowledge of high profile universities
The detail and terms of this position will be determined by the skills, expertise and experience of the applicant and their professional ambitions and plans being married up to the needs of the school.