Institut Le Rosey is a dual-language (English and French) co-educational school for over 400 pupils with a unique two-campus system. Le Rosey is an IB World School and recognised by the French Ministry of Education. For September 2020, we have a full-time post available for a specialist University and College Guidance Counsellor to advise, guide and support students in their search for and application to universities across the world.
The graduating class all sit the full IB diploma or baccalauréat Français. Pass rates are nearly always 100% and average scores high, meaning that all 70-80 graduating students go on to study at universities across the world, well over a quarter of them to the most competitive institutions in the USA and UK (the two most popular destinations by far), Canada, Switzerland and many more. Our two full-time professionals are well known and respected across the world, and both offer guidance to students applying to all countries.
Qualifications and qualities needed
• Detailed knowledge of university advising with emphasis on North America, the UK, Europe, and worldwide.
• Guidance experience in an international school setting.
• A familiarity with different education systems.
• A recognised teaching qualification at graduate or post graduate level would be an advantage.
• A knowledge of the International Baccalaureate and Baccalauréat Français.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking and presentations.
• The ability to communicate in French would be a distinct advantage
• An ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community.
• A readiness to travel to conferences and meetings across the world and to organise and participate in student visits
• An educational philosophy which values mutual respect and a care and concern for others.
• Organised, adaptable, flexible and dynamic with a sense of humour.
• A commitment to self-reflection and professional development.
Candidates should note that the post is residential. On campus accommodation is provided and conditions of work are attractive.
The successful applicant will be expected to play an active role in boarding life, and a willingness to contribute to the co-curricular programme and support the pastoral life of our school is extremely important.
Institut Le Rosey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff to share this commitment. All new employees are required to undertake a security clearance, which includes providing criminal records reports as well as a special excerpt from the Swiss criminal records for people working with children.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 25 February 2020. Further details will be sent to all suitable candidates and interviews will take place in March and (if necessary) April.