The post is temporary (fixed for one year)
Interview date: Monday, 30th April 2018
The Avenue Primary School is looking to recruit an inspirational upper KS2 (years 5 & 6) teacher and would like to hear from you if you:
- Can challenge, inspire and support children in their learning;
- Can provide outstanding learning opportunities for our children;
- Are dedicated to and have high expectations of children and a belief that all children can succeed;
- Are committed to teaching using a creative, cross-curricular approach;
- Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Are able to create a high quality stimulating, interactive and creative learning environment;
- Are able to work effectively within our hardworking, talented and friendly team on whole school issues and can share good practice;
- Have KS2 SATS experience.
We can offer the right candidates:
- An ambitious and vibrant place to work, with enthusiastic staff and children who are keen to learn and deserve the best;
- Well-resourced classrooms with up to date technology for every teacher;
- A highly organised and very supportive Year 5/6 team;
- Wonderful opportunities to work and plan collaboratively with experienced colleagues across the Trust;
- A clearly defined and supportive induction procedure;
- High quality professional development opportunities
The Avenue Primary School is a thriving academy, within the Acorn Education Trust, set in the charming market town of Warminster, Wiltshire. Warminster is a bustling garrison town with a population of approximately 17,000 situated on the edge of Salisbury Plain between Bath and Salisbury. There are good rail and road links to Bath, Bristol, Salisbury, London and the South West. Many of our staff live in the surrounding rural villages and towns. The school takes pupils from the catchment areas of Warminster as well as from out of catchment. It is at the heart of its extended community and we are proud of our local and wider links; as part of the Trust we work closely with the Warminster community and the cluster of Warminster primary schools, as well as our fellow schools in the Trust.
The Avenue Primary School aims to provide opportunities for every child to reach their full potential in a happy and caring environment. We strive to achieve excellence in all we do, and, aim to make our school a welcoming place where everyone feels safe, valued and respected. We provide opportunities for all children to develop as independent, confident members of our school society, who by Year 6 are ready for secondary school. We offer a structured yet stimulating, challenging and inclusive curriculum and set ourselves the highest possible standards for teaching and learning.
We want our children to remember their years at The Avenue Primary School as having been challenging, but also rewarding, fun and enjoyable. We are immensely proud of our school and the facilities we can offer. Besides our bright and colourful classrooms, we have a dining hall, main hall, training room, a library and smaller reading room and a fantastic ICT suite. Outside, we have two playgrounds, a large grass field, woodland area and play trail. We offer a wide range of exciting academic, sporting, musical and enrichment opportunities and children are encouraged to join in and contribute to school life as much as possible.
We strongly encourage prospective candidates to visit our school to experience our friendly community first-hand. To arrange a visit or informal discussion please contact Jo King (Operations Manager) via the School Office on 01985 213383.
Please take time to read the documents below.
To apply please click the "apply" button on the TES website.
The Avenue Primary School and Children’s Centre and the Acorn Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed. We are an equal opportunities employer.