We are seeking a full-time Upper KS2 Teacher join us in September 2018.
To actively support the policies and aims of the school whilst effectively teaching and encouraging pupils to develop both inside and outside the classroom.
• UK Qualified Teacher status (QTS)
• High standard of English, Maths and IT skills
• Recent teaching experience in a school (age relevant)
• Knowledge of relevant Key Stages and National Curriculum requirements
• Theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual needs of all children (e.g. classroom organisation and learning strategies)
• An understanding of safeguarding procedures and child protection methods and responsibilities
• Good behavioural management skills
• Evidence of a commitment to good teaching practice
• Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children
• Works well within and contributes to team development
• Communicates effectively (both orally and in writing) to a variety of audiences
• Understands and values the processes of planning as an aid to raising standards in teaching and learning
• Evidence of participation in professional development or study
Please note that all applicants are required to complete the Cognita Application Form which can be completed and submitted online via the TES website or can be downloaded from the school website:
CVs may be submitted in support of the application Form but CVs on their own are not acceptable.
Applications by post and email are permitted. Please send your application and a covering letter, before the deadline of noon on Wednesday 21st March 2018 to:
Mrs Emma Webb
PA to the Headmaster
4 Warren Park Road
Interview date: Wednesday 18th April 2018
WELFARE OF CHILDREN
Duncombe School is committed to safeguarding and prompting the welfare of children and applications must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the job, including checks with past employers, and an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the relevant Cognita Safeguarding; Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer/Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Head or indeed to the Regional CEO so that a referral can be made accordingly to the relevant third party services.