‘The school’s strong values are woven into all aspects of its work. This has created a very positive culture that promotes pupils’ personal and academic development effectively’ (Ofsted June 2016)
At West Acton we believe that we should all be lifelong learners and therefore the successful candidates will have the unique opportunity to join us on our adventure towards becoming a Visible Learning School. You will be involved in a detailed professional development programme based on the research of professor John Hattie. West Acton is an expanding school (3 forms of entry with an Additionally Resourced Provision) which benefits from state of the art facilities as well as one of the largest green spaces of any local school. Due to our expansion to three forms of entry, we are looking to appoint dedicated, outstanding and inspirational Class Teachers.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- welcomes feedback and has the ability to become an outstanding classroom practitioner
- has high expectations and aspirations for all children’s achievement and behaviour
- is inspired and passionate about learning and has the ability to motivate and inspire others
- has a genuine interest in working with a team, taking risks and trying new and innovative ways of working
- values inclusion and has an interest in developing the whole child
- has a clear commitment to whole school improvement with excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills to engage the wider community
We will offer you:
a commitment to your professional development and the opportunity to be part of only a small number of schools on the journey towards becoming a Visible Learning school
a happy, caring learning community with exceptionally well-behaved children eager to learn
a supportive parent body
a committed, dynamic and ambitious staff team and governing body
ample opportunities for career progression
Visits to the school are greatly encouraged; please contact the front office to arrange a suitable time. Application packs can be downloaded from the school website at http://www.westactonprimaryschool.org/about-us/vacancies.
Please email all completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews: Successful applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs.