Previous applicants need not apply.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and well qualified Graduate to work as a Teaching Assistant alongside staff and pupils in The Upper School. This full-time post requires a person with enthusiasm, energy and commitment. The working day usually runs from 8.00 am - 4.00 pm, although it may extend beyond this in order to supervise clubs.
The successful applicant will perform a range of duties which will include:
• Hearing readers and changing reading books
• Working with small groups or one-to-one as directed by the teacher and SENDCO
• Accompanying and supervising pupils on the coaches to and from PE sessions
• Setting up and clearing the hall for gym lessons
• Helping with the preparation of practical lessons such as Art, Science and DT
• Providing support for before and after-school clubs A Teachers’ Assistant must also be: •Flexible
•Have sound common sense
•Have the ability to use his/her initiative
•Be reliable •Be able to follow instructions
•Be available for work two days before and two days after the end of each term
•Have GCSE, or equivalent, English and Maths qualifications (as a minimum requirement)
•Have a graduate qualification
•Speak English fluently
Glendower has a reputation for being strongly academic and the curriculum is very broad with sport, art, drama, music and ICT having high profiles within the school. If you are interested in applying for this role, please click on the 'How to apply/Apply online' button now. Glendower Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and DBS vetting. Glendower is an equal opportunities employer.