Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
The College is looking for a VET and Careers Officer. This position is a term-time, continuing position remunerated at the School Officers Classification Level 4 of the Catholic Employing Authorities Single Enterprise Collective Agreement – Religious Institute Schools of Queensland 2019-2023 of $32.2316 per hour. Hours of work required are 37.5 hours across Monday to Friday.
The position holder is responsible, under general supervision, for the provision of administrative support to the Head of VET and Careers. They have responsibility for the organisation of the College work placement program, especially maintaining a high profile with students through regular contact and communication
We are looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience working in a similar environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat skills
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times;
- Ability to work within a team and communicate clearly to a range of College stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage work with attention to detail;
- A High level of communication skills – written, oral and verbal.
- Excellent range of administrative skills and the enthusiasm to learn.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- A valid Queensland working with Children Check is mandatory;
- Demonstrated excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a very high level of accuracy
- A knowledge, with depth in some areas, of the Australian Quality Framework (AQTF)
- A knowledge Pathways 9, the software used in relation to work placement, would be highly advantageous;
- Knowledge (and experience of) the significance of student work placement.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including two referees;
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close Tuesday 18 May 2021 at 3:00 pm
Applications should be sent via email and addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3011 1308
Please visit: https://www.marash.qld.edu.au/about-mca/current-vacancies for a position description and to download the applicati on form.
Marist College Ashgrove
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
Marist College Ashgrove is a boys' Catholic day and boarding school serving more than 1,500 students aged 10-18 (Years 5-12), 200 of whom board at the school. It is located in Ashgrove, a northern suburb of Brisbane, Queensland and employs 142 teache...