The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-public school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has 1900 students, of which 650 in primary, and hosts over 99 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
The primary school was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “Mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). The primary school was also the first international school in The Netherlands to receive the Excellente School status from the Dutch Inspection of Education.
We currently have a vacancy for:
For the primary school, we are looking for an experienced, dynamic, learning-focused school leader to inspire our continued drive for the highest quality of student learning.
The successful candidate will be:
- An innovator being committed to learning and up-to-date with current research
- An inspiring, challenging and empowering educational motivator
- Strong leader with track record in change management geared towards continuous improvements
- A people manager, relationship builder and team player, who will take into account all stakeholders
- Visible, approachable, with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humour
- Flexible, creative and adaptable
- Methodical, rigorous and resilient
- Diplomatic and culturally sensitive
- An excellent communicator and able to build on the excellent reputation of the school
- A role model for the entire school community in terms of school ethos
- Committed to diversity
- Honest and dedicated
- Reliable and demonstrate integrity
And will have:
- A successful track record in education, including at least five years of leadership experience in international schools
- Experience of International Primary Curriculum (IPC) is highly desirable
- International Primary Curriculum accreditation and preferably CIS accreditation experience is desirable
- Experience of leading change with evidence of impact
- A passion for and deep understanding of internationalism and international education
- Excellent fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Readiness to learn Dutch and function within a Dutch context
- Outstanding organizational skills
- A teaching degree for Primary Education and preferably a master’s degree
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- High expectations of self and others
- The ability to manage own time effectively
- The ability to build on current good practice whilst moving the school forward with vision and vigor
- The ability to manage and resolve conflict
- The ability to work under pressure, maintaining a sense of perspective
Responsibilities and Core tasks
- Be a member of the Primary Leadership Team (PLT)
- Be a member of the Whole School Leadership Team (SLT)
- Drive the mission and vision of the school within the curriculum of Primary
- Lead the process of goal setting, observations and performance for all academic staff in the Primary School
- Work in close liaison with the Principal with regard to the planning and preparation for the budget, with particular reference to the academic staffing requests
- Be involved in any recruitment for the Primary School
- Work in close liaison on appraisal within the Primary
- Organise the Primary timetable
- Assist in the planning and preparation of any policies as part of the PLT
- Organise and prepare professional development opportunities for all staff
- Lead professional development, meetings and workshops
- Ensure regular and clear communication to all stakeholders
- Report to the Principal and deputise during Principal’s absence
- To assist in the marketing and PR of the ISH as a whole school
- Liaise with administration, admission teams
- Be available to parents
- Lead tours for prospective parents
- Liaise with the Secondary school on any transitions
- Line manage several subject areas
- Oversee all reporting to parents
- Co-ordination of internal staff calendar
If you are internationally-minded, permitted to work in the European Union and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please click on the link below for more information:
All positions are based on the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) for Primary Education. Scaling depends on the relevant background and experience.
Deadline for Applications: 17 March 2018. Short listed candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible, commencing week of 26th March 2018 and final interviews will be held in the week beginning of 9th of April 2018.
If you have not heard from us by April 2018, then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.