Priory Education and Children’s Services offers world-leading education and behavioural care to young people, with offices in Abu Dhabi and the UK.
We operate 37 high quality independent schools and colleges, focusing on making a real and lasting difference for every young person we support.
Priory Education and Children’s Services offers world-leading education and behavioural care to young people, with offices in Abu Dhabi and the UK. We operate 38 high quality independent schools and colleges, focusing on making a real and lasting difference for every young person we support.
We are offering a great opportunity for a Vice Principal to join our world-class team in Abu Dhabi providing education for up to 260 Emirati children and young people who are on the autistic spectrum (ASC), aged 3 to 25 years.
We have a strong track record of creating great, positive learning environments where young people are able to attain the highest educational, behavioural and personal outcomes, and are able to go on and have fulfilling lives and careers.
The school opened in January 2019 and is designed drawing on all of our experience of creating a suitable environment which is attuned to child-centred learning. With dedicated therapists at school, you would have the opportunity to join and lead a team focused on the best possible outcomes for each and every child, and ultimately transition into partner public schools in the region.
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, and inspirational professional with a proven track record in achieving the very highest standards of quality.
- Provide inspiration, motivation and vision to take the school forward
- Be resilient, dynamic and committed
- Have the capacity to rise to the challenge of monitoring and evaluating all aspects of school life
- Have an understanding of both traditional and alternative educational models for ASC young people
- Provide a relentless focus on enabling all children to raise their achievement within our school and beyond
- Maintain and develop the excellent existing relationships within the school and the wider community.
- Work in partnership with the Principal and with colleagues, to ensure the school is world class in all aspects of its provision.
You will be a person able to see the possibilities of all our exceptional learners and develop a provision that enables them to thrive. Priory has a strong track record and approach to the continuous professional development of our professionals, and you will be joining an enthusiastic, friendly, and well qualified team. We believe the right candidate will find this post challenging, stimulating, rewarding with great career prospects in this emerging area of need, You will also find Abu Dhabi a wonderful place to live with an exceptional quality of life and standard of living your family - see https://visitabudhabi.ae
You will be provided with a generous employment package, provided with professional development and be a key part of this exciting project.
Qualifications will include:
- Degree in Education or a relevant degree with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- A recognised postgraduate qualification, preferably at Masters Level, and experience in working with children with ASC
- Qualified Teacher Status; and at least 5 years’ experience teaching children with autism and other special educational needs, at least 3 of which will have been at a SMT level.
The school will work closely with parents, schools in the region and other stakeholders to creating positive learning environments, underpinned by our belief and commitment to inclusion and integration into local schools and communities.
This is a truly a unique opportunity to be part of a fantastic and enthusiastic team working in an exciting country, to provide best practice and lasting change for children on the autistic spectrum.
To apply please visit https://jobs.priorygroup.com/vacancies/32540/vice_principal_in_abu_dhabi/ and apply on the website.
For an informal conversation please contact Lucy Wood@priorygroup.com