With more than fifty years of education experience, GEMS Education is committed to improving the quality of education worldwide. It is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 private education operator in the world, educating more than 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
Opened in 2011, GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis (WSO) is a Premium British School located in a prestigious area of Dubai. WSO has over 4200 students from FS1 to Y12; although WSO is large, it is effectively broken down into much smaller sections. There are currently 2880 in the Primary School, which is at full capacity. The Secondary School has a current roll of 1366 with the KS3 years near to full capacity. Each School occupies its own building within the Campus.
The WSO focus is ‘World Class – World Ready’; to support this, we have truly world class and stunning facilities – a simply superb environment for the students to grow, learn and succeed. Virtually all teaching staff are either British or Irish; they operate at a very high level of expectations in teaching and professional development.
First and foremost, WSO is a very caring and happy place; philosophically, nothing matters more than the children’s happiness and safety. We deliver British curriculum from the Foundation Stages through to Year 11. At post-16, we offer the IB, with pathways to study either the Diploma Programme or the Career Related Programme. University success rates are high, with the (i)GCSE results easily exceeding UK averages. WSO demonstrated exceptional levels of innovation both in technology and its pedagogy; therefore, some of the best practice from across the world is blended into our programme.
A significant emphasis is placed on the co-curricular programme; in particular, performing arts, sport and outdoor education.
There are few Schools in the world which offer this type of opportunity for experience and progression. Due to the promotion of the current post holder to Secondary Principal, we are looking to appoint a Vice Principal who is responsible for academic performance in the Secondary School. The successful candidate will play a major role on the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) supporting the Secondary Principal, and CEO, in leading the Secondary School strategically and operationally. The Vice Principal will work alongside other members of the ELT and provide day-to-day leadership and management.
Responsibilities will include:
- The organisation and delivery of teaching and performance management across the Academy
- Ensuring the Academy is placed at the cutting edge of research, policy and practice in the transformation of teaching, learning and assessment
- The monitoring, evaluation and continuous review of the quality and effectiveness of curriculum delivery
- Overseeing and supporting the work of the Directors, Lead Practitioners and Data Manager
- Ensuring that all staff are supported with high quality continuous professional development
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary trends, developments, theory and methods in the transformation of teaching and learning within the Academy
- Taking a leading role in the preparation of the Academy SEF and Inspection processes and procedures, and ensuring that the Academy remains up to date with KHDA policies, directives and initiatives
It is hoped that the successful applicant will take up this new post in January 2018 (an April or September 2018 start will also be considered).
To be considered for this role, candidates must:
- Be an effective and dynamic leader; having operated at or close to Senior Leadership levels.
- Demonstrate evidence of successful delivery against targets, and evidence of innovation leading to raised standards.
- Possess real gravitas and presence within a school community.
- Be someone who is not afraid to challenge and push forward.
- Generate high expectations, enthusiasm and commitment from staff.
- Possess drive, enthusiasm, determination and boundless energy to improve the life chances and experiences of students.
- Have experienced management of the academic side of a school.
- Knowledge and understanding of what constitutes high quality educational provision and how to secure it within the Academy.
- Want to work as a team player with a high performing ELT and Secondary Leadership Team.
Applicants will be fully qualified teachers with significant leadership experience, preferably within a UK curriculum environment.
The successful candidate will have clear communication skills both verbal & written and exceptional organisational skills. Refined interpersonal skills and experience of leading a large and high performing team are also vital.
A very attractive overseas remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate including tax free salary, accommodation allowance, VISA, joining airfare, annual return flight, medical cover and tuition fee concessions.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
To apply for these positions please visit our Careers site; https://careers.gemseducation.com/gems/vacancysearch.aspx and apply online (Ref:1100). Please ensure you have uploaded an up-to-date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.