The Governors are seeking to appoint two exceptional leaders with the drive and determination to make a significant contribution to the strategic leadership and management of Hurstmere School.
We welcome applications from highly motivated, inspirational individuals with outstanding leadership qualities who have the expertise and passion to support our students in achieving their potential and becoming the very best versions of themselves.
The specific requirements of the post are subject to discussion to balance the roles of the wider Senior Leadership Team, the strengths and experiences of the successful candidates and to offer rotation to enhance a skill set for future career development.
We welcome applications from individuals with experience of strategic leadership of learning, teaching, assessment and curriculum development and those with experience of strategically leading a whole school pastoral strategy.
The successful candidates will:
- have the vision and skills to support the Principal with the school’s journey of continuous improvement
- possess proven leadership in a school context, including the ability to delegate, identify areas of underperformance and to lead improvement
- be able to work effectively as part of a team, initiating and implementing change with a sustained impact
- be an inspirational, creative and exceptional teacher with a strong background in raising student achievement
- be passionate about improving outcomes for students and to ensure all students reach their potential
- possess a positive, solution focused approach
If you are looking for an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding role in which you feel you could make a difference to our students, then we warmly welcome your application.
Hurstmere School is committed to maintaining a safe and secure environment for all students and a “culture of vigilance” to safeguard and protect all in its care. There are policies and procedures in place, including safer recruitment procedures. All staff and volunteers are expected to uphold this safeguarding commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and other employment checks.
You are invited to visit by prior arrangement. Please contact the Principal’s PA, Mrs Murphy, on 020 8300 5665 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please complete the application form and either return via email, as above, or post.
The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Monday 17th May 2021 and interviews will take place on Friday 21st May 2021.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 16 years
About Hurstmere School
Hurstmere School is a popular, non-selective secondary academy for boys aged 11 – 16, serving the local community of Sidcup. It is a special place, with a strong sense of community and a determination to succeed in all that we ...