This role offers a rare opportunity for an existing or aspiring Vice Principal with a track record of achievement in education, the vision and skills to help to establish our new school and create an exemplar model of alternative education.
Motivated and ambitious applicants must have a commitment to high quality teaching and learning. You will have the vision to help create an inspiring curriculum and learning environment that engages and challenges every young person to fulfil their true potential.
The Edge Academy is an 11-16 school, set up by a group of local mainstream secondary school Principals to provide alternative placements for pupils at risk of permanent exclusion. The academy has had a difficult start after opening in temporary accommodation. In September 2016 the school moved into a very high quality, newly refurbished building in Northfield, Birmingham. Many of our young people present with complex needs and have struggled to attend or achieve in mainstream school.
We have not yet had our first OFSTED inspection but we know we have a challenging journey ahead. We are now looking for a talented and ambitious leader to build on the foundations to transform the lives of young people who deserve a second chance. We need a leader who can build co-operation and strength within the staff team and beyond to raise aspirations and secure success. If you think you have what it takes to move our school rapidly forwards, we want to hear from you.
On appointment, the job description and tasks will be reviewed to reflect the successful candidate’s strengths, the professional development of all Senior Leadership Team members and Academy priorities.
We are looking for someone with:
- A keen passion for making a difference for students who have difficulty accessing learning
- Strong interpersonal skills, who communicates compellingly and sensitively, with the diplomatic approach to enable effective working with staff, parents and external agencies to support the needs of our students
- Uncompromising expectations, seeking high achievement for all young people, regardless of their starting point
- Energy, courage, integrity and resilience and who models professional and school values
- A commitment to developing the best possible learning and pastoral environment for all young people to ensure they are all successful in their learning
- A leader who embraces our inclusive vision.
- A knowledge and understanding of the range of complex needs experienced by students who find it challenging to access the normal school curriculum
We can offer you:
- A committed governing body who will both challenge and support you
- Support from our partner schools
- Freedom to move our school forwards
- Young people who deserve the best and will be the first to tell you when they receive it!
- The opportunity re-create and establish the vision and ethos of the school
- The opportunity to establish our school as a beacon of hope.
For further information and application form, or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact Beverley Nicholson on 0121-533 5858 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Application Forms are to be received no later than 4pm on Tuesday 8th May 2018
Interviews are to be held week commencing w/c 14th May
Completed applications should be returned either by post or email to: email@example.com
The Edge Academy is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the disclosure of criminal records can be found at https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check .
We undertake to make any “reasonable adjustments” to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantages a disabled person may face.