We are looking to appoint a qualified teacher and experienced leader to join Harris Primary Academy Haling Park as Vice Principal. We are interested to hear from talented practitioners and experienced senior leaders who are passionate about teaching and want to join a warm and welcoming academy that can support and develop you as a senior leader. This post could suit either an existing Vice Principal, or equivalent, or an Assistant Principal looking for progression.
As Vice Principal, you will be expected:
- To deputise for Principal, both in the academy and where appropriate in external meetings
- To ensure there is seamless transition between reception and KS1/KS2 at the academy
- To play a leading and highly visible role in the day-to-day management of the academy ensuring both the pastoral/academic success of all pupils
- To work with the Principal and to establish a system of self-evaluation and review within the academy that will secure outstanding achievements through the professional success of all staff
You will have a wealth of opportunities to develop as a senior leader with the Harris Federation. We can offer you a range of bespoke courses and qualifications through our Teaching School, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQH for aspiring principals. Succession planning is a key part of our success as a Federation, and we believe that we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of Leaders. We can help prepare you for your next Senior Leadership challenge, investing in your knowledge and expertise through regular support, coaching and a wide range of professional development and training.
In line with the Government’s announcement, our academy is closed until further notice. However, during this period it is our intention to continue with critical recruitment for key positions starting in September 2020. In place of academy interviews, alternative options will be offered so that no one is at a disadvantage, and applicants should expect telephone or virtual interviews, with the possibility of onsite academy interviews only in special cases. We want to reassure applicants that effective measures have been implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing whilst on academy premises.
Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in the London area, and helping create exceptional places of learning. In choosing a Vice Principal, we will be looking for someone who:
- Holds QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree;
- An experienced primary teacher with a proven track record in teaching EYFS, KS1 or KS2
- Is able to model and disseminate high quality teaching and learning;
- Has high expectations of staff and pupils as well as themselves;
- Is committed to achieving the best outcomes for all pupils;
- Is innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Is committed to on-going professional development;
- Is willing to contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is able to work well as part of our Leadership team.
Interviews will take place from the week beginning 23rd March.
About Harris Primary Academy Haling Park
Harris Primary Academy Haling Park is a growing academy that opened in September 2014 to meet the demand from local families for new, high-quality places in South Croydon, and now educates children from Reception to Year 4. We are judged Outstanding by Ofsted, and hold a belief that children thrive when they are consistently happy and safe at primary school.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Haling Park?
At Haling Park you would be working as part of a very supportive team. In addition to the benefits outlined, we offer excellent professional development opportunities provided by Harris Federation. We would also offer:
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work;
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- A network of fellow senior leaders and Principals with a wealth of knowledge and expertise
- Support and mentoring from some of the best executive leaders in education
- Unrivalled opportunities for leadership progression and preparing you for your first Principalship
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Plus, the opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement. Harris is a Federation and not a chain; each academy is different, reflecting the particular aspirations and leadership style of its Principal. Our vision is that Harris academies work collaboratively in sharing school improvement strategies, and support one another as part of the wider Harris Federation.
We look for talented leaders who want to help transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.