An oversubscribed and outstanding school, set on a leafy parkland campus in the market town of Bishop’s Stortford, is seeking to appoint an inspirational and dedicated Vice Principal (Curriculum) to work alongside the Principal and Vice Principal (Pastoral) in ensuring the College succeeds in its mission, achieves its strategic aims and objectives, and fulfils its responsibilities.
The Vice Principal (Curriculum) will assist and deputise for the Principal in the running of the College and have a number of key College responsibilities.
• hold a teaching qualification and a degree (preferably honours at a minimum of 2:2);
• have a minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience in a paid capacity as at the closing date for completed application forms;
• show evidence of having whole school senior leadership experience;
• clearly demonstrate experience and be able to evidence making a significant contribution to a Whole School Management /Improvement Programme within the last 4 years.
It is preferred that applicants will be aspiring to headship and will have completed, or be studying for, an Educational Management qualification such as NPQH or a higher degree in Education.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
• strong and inspirational leadership skills;
• knowledge of current education developments;
• excellent communication skills (oral and written);
• exceptional interpersonal skills;
• ability to motivate staff and students;
• ability to work as a member of a team;
• excellent organisational skills;
• ICT literacy and information management skills.
Please contact Clare Yates for an Application Form and a copy of the Job Description by
The closing date for receipt of applications, which should be in the form of a completed application form, is 9am on Tuesday 23rd January.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th February.
Hockerill Anglo-European College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.