Vice Principal – Permanent, 2 posts:
Post 1 – Achievement and Curriculum
Post 2 – Inclusion, Engagement and Well-being
Required from: Easter 2020
Spencer Academies Trust is an educational charity and academy sponsor which is committed to ensuring that every child, regardless of background, has access to an outstanding education and real choices in life. Our successful track record of providing high quality teaching and learning ensures improved outcomes for children and young people. Our mission statement for the Trust reflects our vision and aim for all Trust schools. Our highly-successful network of 20 schools (8 Secondary, 11 Primary and 1 Special School) educates students across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Nottingham City, Derby City and Leicestershire.
Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, which provides an outstanding education for local children. Our Trust is a model of national excellence. We work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcomes for all young people, in an environment where partnership is valued and success is celebrated. Our education delivers real life experiences for students, promotes independent enquiry and stimulates intellectual curiosity; whilst developing a strong sense of individual responsibility and a personal belief and confidence. All of our students fulfil their potential and make unparalleled progress. They are fully prepared for the next phase of their education and have unrivalled opportunities to become future leaders.
- All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development.
- Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership.
- We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more.
Ashwood Spencer Academy is on a journey to discover what’s possible, to push our limits along the way, to show how determined we can be whilst DREAMing big in all that we do. We are an improving school, looking for the right candidates to ‘come on board’ with us, to inspire, motivate, challenge and become part of our team as we find the extraordinary.
Through our purposefully designed DREAM curriculum, we are committed to providing the best possible opportunities and enriching experiences for our children to allow them to follow their aspirations and reach their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Ashwood Spencer Academy as a Vice Principal. You will be an exceptional leader, able to share the vision for our Academy and inspire others to make a significant contribution to its realisation. You will be driven by a commitment to securing the best educational experience for our pupils, in order to transform lives.
You will have a track record of sustained impact and influence as a leader. You will be able to demonstrate a strategic understanding of how to deliver significant school-wide improvement, and have the skills to implement it.
At Ashwood we are passionate about working collaboratively to enable our children to ‘believe and achieve’ and so we are looking for a team player, as well as a leader.
If you are dynamic, ambitious and energetic, enthused and eager to be part of our ‘Ashwood journey’, then we want to meet you!
We passionately believe that children can fulfil their aspirations. It is what motivates and inspires us!
In return, we can offer you:
- A collaborative ethos, working with other schools and colleagues to develop day to day practice
- Children who are kind, warm and enthusiastic about their learning
- High quality CPD through our Trust’s two Teaching Schools, Research School and National Maths Hub status
- The support of a high performing and diverse academy Trust, comprising primary, secondary and special education provision
- Rich and varied career development opportunities
- A chance to innovate in order to make a real difference for our Ashwood children
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact email@example.com
Visits are encouraged. Please contact the school to arrange.
To apply please visit http://vacancies.spenceracademiestrust.co.uk
Please state which post you are interested in applying for on your application form. Applications are welcomed for both positions, please state if you intend to apply for both positions.
Closing date: 8am Monday 27th January 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th February 2020
Ashwood Spencer Academy, Amber Street, Derby DE24 8FT
Tel: 01332 348356