Due to the relocation out of London of our current Vice Principal, we are looking for an exceptional qualified teacher with a flair for leadership to work alongside our Principal and join our collaborative and growing team in September 2018.
The position is non-class based, although would include some teaching commitment. This is an exciting position, which could offer excellent career progression and development.
Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2014 and is now well established in the community, housed in our brand new modern, bright building on Lordship Lane, with four, soon to be five, year groups. Our academy was judged to be ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in May 2017 and was the first Free School in the country to achieve Unicef’s Rights Respecting School Award in July. It is a warm, welcoming place to work and learn, situated right in the heart of vibrant East Dulwich.
What we are looking for:
In choosing a Vice Principal, we will be looking for someone who:
- Holds QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree;
- Is an excellent practitioner;
- Is able to model and disseminate high quality teaching and learning;
- Has high expectations of staff and pupils as well as themselves;
- Is committed to achieving the best outcomes for all pupils;
- Is innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Is committed to on-going professional development;
- Is willing to contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is able to work well as part of our Leadership team.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich?
- Excellent professional development opportunities;
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work, with a brand new building and superb facilities;
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
- A senior leadership team that is committed to developing others.
Please call 0203 772 4573 to arrange a visit or to find out more about the position.
For information about Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich please visit: http://www.harrisprimaryeastdulwich.org.uk
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.