ESF Tung Chung International Kindergarten offers inspiring learning experiences to children aged 3-5 years old. Our inquiry curriculum encourages children to explore concepts and ideas through play, allowing them to develop a range of understandings, knowledge and skills in all areas of the curriculum. We are an inclusive school and believe that student learning is enhanced through strong home-school partnerships.
The Kindergarten requires a Vice Principal to start in August 2022. The position will be a full-time two years contract, renewable by mutual consent. Please see ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
- Consistently champion and uphold the school’s core values and foster caring, positive relationships.
- Support the school’s mission statement and IB Learner profile.
- Develop and articulate a shared vision and strategic development plan for the school and lead colleagues in achieving this.
- Provide strong pedagogical leadership.
- Create an atmosphere of mutual trust where collaboration, discussion, debate and teamwork are promoted within the school.
- Model exemplary professional practice.
- Contribute to the creation of the school’s learning community, fostering a spirit of inquiry, innovation, professional learning and reflection.
- Promote high standards and expectations through supporting performance.
- To be the Principal designate as required.
- To advocate and promote continuous school improvement with a growth mindset.
- To provide active leadership and participation in the implementation of new practices and improve on those that are already in place.
- To ensure quality learning, teaching and assessment.
- To develop teachers’ and educational assistants’ professional knowledge and skills.
- To develop and present an effective staff development programme. To develop and present effective parent workshops and information sessions.
- To develop effective teams and ensure the successful implementation of the School Improvement Plan.
- To liaise with the IB key aspects of our Primary Years Programme.
- Provide support for professional development in supporting the growth of colleagues with a particular focus in Professional Reflection and Development, Continuous Professional Development and training of Student Teachers
- Ensure effective Year group communications.
- To be a pedagogical leader of the school.
- Ensure professional learning through collaboration and self-evaluation.
- To coach and mentor staff
- To review and support planning of teachers.
- To support the teaching and learning across the school.
- To develop the teaching timetable as determined by the Principal.
- An ability to forge positive relationships with children, parents, staff and other stakeholders by valuing the contributions that everyone collectively brings to the school.
- Applications are accepted from teachers with a Bachelor Degree in Early Years Education or equivalent, which qualifies them to teach 3-5 years of age.
- Commitment and passion for the education of young children.
- Understand the needs of young students.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- An understanding of IB/PYP.
- Reflective on own practices with a growth mindset to self-improvement and improvement of others.
- Effective communication skills.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and build capacity in others.
- Learning agility.
- Professional integrity.
- Visionary thinking / strategic orientation.
Salaries are dependent on qualification and years of experience.
Closing Date: 8th December 2021
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team
Our custom designed school for three to five year olds in Tung Chung opened in 2016. It is structured into morning and afternoon three-hour sessions for both K1 and K2. The space is functional, adaptable and well-resourced to meet the dynamic needs of the three to five year olds who inhabit it. The spaces are not only carefully and intentionally planned, but are also places of beauty that support learning, stimulate imaginations, nurture children, families and staff – and truly inspire the wonderful memories of childhood. Both indoor and outdoor spaces, materials, technology and equipment intrigue, invite and stimulate students to move, dance, roleplay, create art, develop language skills and investigate scientific principles.
The school reflects our aspiration for each of our children to flourish. Our goal is to nourish each child, individually, and meet their changing social and emotional needs every day. We strive to provide children with strong foundational skills for future academic success and also to equip them to participate as flexible, creative thinkers and engaged citizens in an increasingly complex and interdependent world.
Our custom designed school for three to five year olds in Tung Chung opened in 2016. It is structured into morning and afternoon three-hour sessions for both K1 and K2. The space is functional, adaptable and well-resourced to meet the dynamic needs o...