Closing Dates: 19th January 2018 10am
Salary: £68-£75k per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: September 2018
Would you like to join a well establish and successful team in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels? - Ofsted 2015
As an inclusive academy the focus is on each child as an individual whilst fostering a sense of belonging to a rich and diverse community. The Petchey Academy is committed to supporting every child to exceed national expectations whilst experiencing a wide and exciting range of opportunities to equip them with the skillset for a successful future as rounded, mature and confident members of modern British society.
As Vice Principal, you will be responsible for leading on aspects of Academy improvement. You will be a role model to staff, who will look to you for outstanding line management, support and challenge. We recognise that as a senior leader, you will also need support and challenge yourself so that you can grow to be the best you can be and we will commit to making this happen. We need someone who is passionate about making a difference, who is a highly skilled, driven and a successful school leader with a range of recent experience ready to take on this crucial new role at the Academy.
The successful applicant will join our ambitious and committed leadership team and lead on assessment, progress and data analysis. This role offers an exciting prospect for an outstanding practitioner to take full advantage of the unique opportunities that our academy brings and to make a significant impact on raising standards of achievement for all students across the academy.
If you have the qualities to be part of the team to take outcomes and the curriculum at the Academy to the next level, please get in touch.
We are looking for someone:
· Who has evidence of clear values and moral purpose which place students at the heart of all decisions
· Ideally with assessment, data and outcomes experience
· Who demonstrates personal behaviour consistent with the school ethos and vision
· Who has proven successful experience as an Assistant Vice Principal or equivalent for 2 or more years in a secondary school
· Who is able to build, communicate and implement a coherent vision for the school in consultation with all stakeholders
· With evidence of a drive to encourage and pursue excellence in all aspects of school life and a clear sense of what strategies might be effective for achieving this
We can offer you:
· The opportunity to be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackney’s thriving community
· Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
· High quality professional development programmes and the opportunity to grow within the academy
· An excellent benefits package
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued.
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed)
If you would like to request a tour and an opportunity to meet with the Principal which is taking place on Thursday 11th January 2018 Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and for further information