Sha Tin Junior SchooI Website: http://www.sjs.edu.hk
Sha Tin Junior School is a five form entry primary school with approximately 900 students.
Hong Kong is a vibrant and dynamic international city. It ranks amongst the world’s leading financial centres and plays a pivotal role as a gateway to China and Asia.
Sha Tin Junior School (SJS) is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, situated in the New Territories of Hong Kong. The school is proud to be part of the English Schools Foundation, (ESF) a significant leader of education in the region.
At SJS our vision is to enable all in the learning community to flourish. We are a vibrant and inclusive learning community where effort is valued, learning is engaging and creativity is fostered. We celebrate our cultural diversity, appreciate our place in Hong Kong and believe in the importance of Chinese language and culture in the holistic education of our students.
We are looking to appoint a Vice Principal to join our highly talented starting August 2020, enthusiastic and collaborative teaching team and to contribute to the culture of continual improvement at the school.
The ideal candidate will be;
• An educational leader who is committed to the school vision which is based on promoting positive education and the pursuit of life-long learning and evidence of own professional learning; a Master degree is not essential but would be favorable
• A passionate, proactive and knowledgeable leader within a schools environment and wider.
• A proven leader of curriculum and pedagogy who is committed to leading a culture of continual improvement.
• Committed to international mindedness and sensitive to cross cultural contexts and school learning ecologies.
• An effective communicator who is able to promote contextual approaches to teaching and learning and enable best possible practice.
● Competitive salary and cash / housing allowance;
● International medical coverage;
● Education allowance for up to three children;
● 20% gratuity upon successful completion of the initial two-year contract
Applications should be made via the ESF’s online recruitment program which can be found at: http://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Closing Date for applications: 14 October 2019
Anticipated Online Video Interview: 21 October 2019
Anticipated Skype Interview if successful : 28 October 2019
Anticipated Final Interview in HK: 11 November 2019
Closing Date: 14 Oct 2019
For enquiries, please contact Rehana Shanks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.