Leigh Academies Trust has a rare and truly exciting opportunity to appoint an experienced leader in the role of Vice Principal at Dartford Primary Academy, commencing September 2019. Our ideal candidate will be an exceptional primary practitioner with considerable experience, keen to use their energy and vision to make a real impact, achieving outstanding outcomes for our students and ensuring that the school maintains and exceeds current standards and achievements.
The successful candidate will play a huge part in accelerating the future development of the school into an outstanding provider of education, and will demonstrate real ambition to improve the life chances of the students at Dartford Primary Academy. Reporting directly to the Principal, the appointed candidate will receive encouragement, support and guidance not only to develop the school but also your own career. Ample opportunities are available enabling you to establish and strengthen solid working relationships with senior leaders across the wider Trust.
Dartford Primary Academy is a highly successful three form entry primary school in Dartford, catering for children between the ages of three and eleven. We have an outstanding Nursery with spaces for 48 children from the age of three on our Infant site, which is located on St Albans Road. We also accommodate a Specialist Resource Provision at our Junior Site, located on York Road. This provision is a satellite of the Trust's outstanding specialist academy, Milestone. Click here to view our school website.
We wish to hear from you if you really want to change our education world and are:
- currently a Vice Principal/Assistant Principal and outstanding teacher keen to progress
- an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader/teacher with a track record of success at primary level
- a motivational and aspirational leader with high expectations of staff
- confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the school
- able to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance
- approachable and keen to work with staff across the Trust to ensure wide success
- able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
Please note: we welcome applications from both infant and/or junior specialists.
In return, you will receive:
- a competitive salary and the opportunity to earn a performance bonus;
- an exciting LAT career path with opportunities for further progression in the future;
- security and support on your journey from close collaboration with a small central executive and a larger group of talented Senior Leaders to share best practice and innovation.
For further information and to discuss the role informally with Executive Primary Principal, Karen Major, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a phone call or meeting.
Application process: Please use the online application function to submit your application. The closing date is Tuesday 21st May 2019 at 3.00pm. Shortlisting will then be carried out and candidates selected for interview will be notified as early as possible. Interviews and associated assessment activities are scheduled to take place before breaking up for half term. If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information please contact Olivia Couzins (Head of Recruitment and Talent Management) on 01634 412 240 or email@example.com
Click here for a glimpse of what life is like working for Leigh Academies Trust and why we're so proud of what we do.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.