We are looking to appoint an experienced and highly effective leader to join our outstanding and dedicated Senior Leadership Team from September 2018. This post will be pivotal in working within the current Leadership Team members to help shape the future for the students at Whitley Academy and support our continual drive for improvement within all aspects of the school.
We support and develop our students into becoming confident and assured members of the school community, developing their skills and competences, preparing them as they go forward into the next stage of their learning and personal development, including into further education and the workplace. Whitley Academy is oversubscribed with a small but vibrant sixth form and we are highly regarded in the local community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum at all key stages and believe in offering all of our students the opportunity to broaden their horizons and therefore provide them with the best possible life chances. There is a rising demand for secondary school places in the local area and due to our reputation and popularity, we are full and oversubscribed.
The successful candidate must be;
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record and a secure grasp of the use of data while showing the ability to use the information they receive to work with teachers, students and parents to ensure students make outstanding progress in their learning, and
- Able to unlock the potential of young people, supporting students as well as staff to be the best that they can be.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture,
- A strong senior leadership team with a clear vision,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff,
- A bespoke programme of training and support including opportunities for development at senior leader level as appropriate (SLE/NPQSL/NPQH).
This post would suit an existing or aspiring Vice Principal with the vision to help Whitley Academy achieve great things. We are a forward thinking, outward looking school with fantastic facilities and training opportunities seeking an exceptional and inspirational leader to complement our current team.
To find out more about Whitley Academy, please go to www.whitleyacademy.com or to find more details about the RSA Family of Academies, please visit www.rsaacademies.org.uk
Visits are warmly welcomed from interested candidates who wish to find out more. Please contact the school to make arrangements via Sandie Baker, the Principal’s PA: firstname.lastname@example.org (We are closed until 16th April for Easter.)
Completed applications should be returned via email to email@example.com by the closing date of Friday 27th April 2018 9:00am
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding of and promoting the welfare of children. This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).