For September 2021, we have a rare leadership opportunity within our very successful and mature multi-academy trust. The Trust is seeking to appoint a highly effective senior leader to join us as the Vice Principal at Langley Park Primary Academy; the successful candidate will play an integral part in accelerating the successes of the school to date to ensure we are an outstanding provider of education.
Langley Park Primary Academy opened in September 2016 in brand new accommodation and is the hub of this new community. We believe in – and celebrate – achievement and success in all areas of the curriculum. We want our children to learn within a culture of curiosity, enjoyment and positive approaches to new experiences and skills to enable them to become successful learners. Through enrichment opportunities we aim to explore the creative arts and PE as often as possible in the academy day, building on existing strengths as well as helping children develop new skills.
The academy was judged good overall with several outstanding features in its first Ofsted inspection and continues to go from strength to strength. Its two forms of entry are oversubscribed on first preferences. The academy has its own nursery, plus a specialist resources provision for pupils with an EHCP for autism. The curriculum is very strong and is delivered through the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme.
Our successful candidate will be talented and a highly motivated leader with drive and commitment to excellence as well as strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders. You will be joining a supportive, committed and passionate team who work hard to ensure that all of our students achieve their potential. We are looking for an experienced professional who can demonstrate strategic leadership and excellent management, and a proven track record of success in raising standards.
This is an exciting time to join our leadership team. You will be expected to play a key role in further enhancing the strategic vision for Langley Park Primary Academy whilst ensuring that our students develop their potential, achieve academic success and develop our core values.
This post provides an outstanding career opportunity to be part of driving our academy forward and to play a critical role in the next phase of the academy’s development.
We wish to hear from you if you are committed to changing our education world and are:
- an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader with a track record of success at primary level;
- a motivational and inspirational leader with high expectations of staff;
- confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the school;
- able to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance;
- approachable and keen to work with staff across the Trust to ensure wide success;
- able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
In return, you will receive:
- a competitive salary;
- an exciting LAT career path with opportunities for further progression in the future;
- the opportunity to assist in leading a growing academy to outstanding status supported by a dedicated academy leadership team;
- security and support on your journey from close collaboration with a small central executive and a larger group of talented principals to share best practice and innovation;
- development opportunities to work both within Langley Park Primary Academy and across the wider Trust.
Naturally, we are seeking to appoint the best possible candidates and therefore the application process will reflect our desire to undertake all necessary measures to achieve this.
Suitable and interested candidates are able to discuss the role with the Academies Director by arranging a telephone call or a visit via Molly Allen: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closing date: Monday 24th May 2021
Shortlisting: Monday 24th May 2021 (successful candidates will be informed straight away afterwards)
Interview date: Thursday 27th May 2021
If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information please contact Elene Redelinghuys (Trust Recruitment Coordinator) on email@example.com
Langley Park Primary Academy
South East England
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years
Langley Park Primary Academy opened in September 2016 and has started to become the hub of this new community. We believe in – and celebrate – achievement and success in all areas of the curriculum. We want our children to learn within a culture...