With more than fifty years of education experience, GEMS Education is committed to improving the quality of education worldwide. It is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 private education operator in the world, educating more than 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
Opened in 2011, GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis (WSO) is a Premium British School located in a prestigious area of Dubai. WSO has over 4200 students from FS1 to Y12; although WSO is large, it is effectively broken down into much smaller sections. There are currently 2880 in the Primary School, which is at full capacity. The Secondary School has a current roll of 1366 with the KS3 years near to full capacity. Each School occupies its own building within the Campus.
The WSO focus is ‘World Class – World Ready’; to support this, we have truly world class and stunning facilities – a simply superb environment for the students to grow, learn and succeed. Virtually all teaching staff are either British or Irish; they operate at a very high level of expectations in teaching and professional development.
First and foremost, WSO is a very caring and happy place; philosophically, nothing matters more than the children’s happiness and safety. We deliver British curriculum from the Foundation Stages through to Year 11. At post-16, we offer the IB, with pathways to study either the Diploma Programme or the Career Related Programme. University success rates are high, with the (i)GCSE results easily exceeding UK averages. WSO demonstrated exceptional levels of innovation both in technology and its pedagogy; therefore, some of the best practice from across the world is blended into our programme. A significant emphasis is placed on the co-curricular programme; in particular, performing arts, sport and outdoor education.
There are few Schools in the world which offer this type of opportunity for experience and progression. We are looking to appoint a Vice Principal who is responsible for Standards and the Development of the Secondary School. The successful candidate will play a major role on the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) supporting the Secondary Principal and the CEO in leading the whole school strategically and operationally.
The Vice Principal will work alongside other members of the ELT and provide day-to-day leadership and management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Standards and outcomes achieved at KS4 and post-16
- The development of the post-16 curriculum and broader provision
- Key transition points from entry into Year 7 and throughout the Secondary School
- Strategic curriculum modelling, development and implementation to ensure that the needs of all students are met through competency-led approaches and appropriate learning pathways
- The co-curricular and enrichment programme including strategic responsibility for key areas – sport, performance arts and outdoor education across the Secondary School
- Advise the ELT on key aspects of the Secondary School’s future development including facilities, curriculum and provision
- Ensuring the effective operational delivery and achievement of the Strategic Development Plan
- Support the Principals in successful inspection and accreditation visits
This is an entirely new role which is now necessary as we refine the development and standards achieved in the Secondary School. It is hoped that the successful applicant will take up this new post in September 2018, or sooner if possible.
To be considered for this role, candidates must:
- Consider this as a key stepping stone to a Head of Secondary position in the future.
- Be an effective and dynamic leader; having operated at or close to Senior Leadership levels.
- Possess real gravitas and presence within a school community.
- Be someone who is not afraid to challenge and push forward.
- Have ambition to want to demonstrate real progress and development.
- Be rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
- Be able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of delivery at KS4 and post-16 (IB or A Level experience is essential).
- Have experienced management of the academic side of a school and preferably have significant pastoral or co-curricular experience.
- Be able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
- Want to work as a team player with a high performing ELT and Secondary Leadership Team.
Applicants will be fully qualified teachers with significant leadership experience, preferably within a UK curriculum environment.
The successful candidate will have clear communication skills both verbal & written and exceptional organisational skills. Refined interpersonal skills and experience of leading a large and high performing team are also vital.
A very attractive overseas remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate including tax free salary, accommodation allowance, VISA, joining airfare, annual return flight, medical cover and tuition fee concessions.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
To apply for these positions please visit our Careers site; https://careers.gemseducation.com/gems/vacancysearch.aspx and apply online (Ref: 1101). Please ensure you have uploaded an up-to-date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.