Glenealy School Website: http://www.glenealy.edu.hk
Our primary school, situated in Mid-Levels on Hong Kong Island, is one where children are empowered to flourish, learn and make a positive difference in the world. As part of the English Schools Foundation, the school, which was established in 1959, provides an exciting educational experience for our whole community.
Glenealy School has a long and proud history of excellence, innovation and child-centred education. Our young, happy, and internationally-minded learners are inclusive, motivated to be the best they can be, and are excited about how they can make a positive difference in the world.
Vice Principal (Starting August 2020)
Glenealy School has an exciting vacancy for a Vice Principal (starting August 2020) to join our highly successful team to ensure the continued growth and development of the school.
Glenealy is an IB World School, situated in mid-levels on Hong Kong Island. We are proud to be part of the English Schools Foundation in Hong Kong which is viewed as a significant leader of education in the region. At Glenealy, highly skilled teachers ensure an education that is transformational. We develop caring and curious global citizens who make a positive difference. We provide meaningful and relevant experiences where learners develop skills, knowledge, understanding and attitudes for success in life. Our safe, nurturing environment values learners’ voice and choice, fostering positive relationships in which learners flourish.
At Glenealy we value the role of the community and forge strong partnerships with all stakeholders. The learning environments are flexible and dynamic. This combined with our quality staff, enables learners to flourish whilst also being challenged and motivated to be the best they can be.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An outstanding educational leader who is passionate about learning and who believes in our mission of empowering learners to make a positive difference.
- Adept at leading and developing curriculum, assessment, pedagogy, professional learning and reflection horizontally and vertically.
- Visible, approachable and able to communicate confidently with stakeholders, building a sense of trust and partnership.
- Aspirational and ambitious, with a strong understanding of their own professional development goals, growth, competencies and capabilities.
- Knowledgeable about inclusive practices with proven success working alongside specialists, teachers and parents in this area.
- Committed to self development and continual professional learning.
- Internationally-minded; someone who will thrive working in a diverse, cross-cultural context.
- Demonstrate a desire to contribute in a challenging and rewarding environment
- Able to contribute to and nurture the school’s learning community, fostering a spirit of inquiry, innovation, professional learning and reflection.
- Committed to collaboration within school and across the English School’s Foundation.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach with an ability to inspire others
-A passionate, knowledgeable and proactive leader within the IB Primary Years Programme context or equivalent.
- Committed to fostering a culture of high quality professional practice, mutual trust, collegial and collaborative approaches to teaching and learning.
The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2020, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition (https://www.esf.edu.hk/terms-and-conditions/) for further details of the package.
- A proven track record as a leader in a school with experience in leading and developing curriculum and pedagogy
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or
- Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
- Recent school Senior Leadership / Vice Principal experience essential
It is anticipated final interviews will be held in Hong Kong in late-February or early March.
- Competitive salary and cash / housing allowance;
- International medical coverage;
- Education allowance for up to three children;
- 20% gratuity upon successful completion of the initial two-year contract
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Closing Date: 05 Feb 2020
For enquiries, please contact Pamela Stanley at +852 25221919 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here for more information about the position.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.