Horizons Specialist Academy Trust consists of four academies across Stockton-on-Tees and Middlesbrough serving a population of approximately 500 students aged 5 to 19 with a broad range of learning difficulties.
Westlands Academy is situated in Thornaby and provides for 75 pupils aged 11 to 16 years who have SEMHD, as well as other learning difficulties.
The Academy Trust seeks to recruit an experienced and inspirational leader to join their team at Westlands Academy. Westlands Academy has undergone an extensive £1.3 million rebuild and refurbishment and was rated by Ofsted in December 2016 as ‘good’ in all areas.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Vice Principal to join an experienced and successful team who are committed to high standards in promoting the education and welfare of young people with SEMHD.
In addition to supporting the Chief Executive and Principal in the overall management and leadership of the Academy, the successful candidate will lead on approaches to the development and delivery of the curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment and take responsibility for the monitoring and evaluation of practice in order to promote the attainment and achievement of all students. Although there is an expectation that all our staff will work across the Trust as necessary, this post will be based at our Westland site.
Successful candidates will:
- Have significant experience of working with students with special educational needs, in particular SEMHD and associated learning difficulties.
- Be an outstanding and experienced leader and practitioner.
- Provide effective leadership in raising standards of attainment and achievement.
- Work collegiately to build on the strengths of the Academy and Trust.
The Trust can offer:
- An ambitious and proactive Chief Executive and Board of Directors.
- A committed and dedicated team of cross-Trust staff and services including finance, HR, Admin and IT.
- Excellent systems and structures.
- A warm friendly academy which provides a safe and secure learning environment.
- Extensive and varied professional learning opportunities.
- A new state of the art learning environment for students with SEMHD.
Visits to the academy are welcome and highly recommended. To arrange this and/or to obtain an application form and further information please e-mail Mrs Julie Povall on: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01642 677113
Completed application forms should be returned by 12 noon on Monday 26th March 2018 to: Julie Povall, HR Assistant, Westlands Academy, Eltham Crescent, Thornaby, TS17 9RA or by email to email@example.com.
Horizons Specialist Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and appropriate references.
ELTHAM CRESCENT, THORNABY, STOCKTON-ON-TEES, TS17 9RA.