We are looking for a talented and exceptional senior leader to join our strong and supportive academy as Vice Principal. The successful applicant will oversee the strategic management of a number of key areas within the Academy which will be negotiated with the individual candidate.
You will have a wealth of opportunities to develop as a senior leader with the Harris Federation. We can offer you a range of bespoke courses and qualifications through our Teaching School, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQH for aspiring principals. Succession planning is a key part of our success as a Federation, and we believe that we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of Leaders. We can help prepare you for your next Senior Leadership challenge, investing in your knowledge and expertise through regular support, coaching and a wide range of professional development and training.
The post of Vice Principal is one that mirrors the role of the Head of Academy. Therefore, the academy will be supporting the successful candidate as they aspire to Principalship. As Vice Principal, you will be expected:
To deputise for Head of Academy, both in the academy and where appropriate in external meetings.
To ensure there is seamless transition between all key stages at the academy.
To ensure that the academy specialisms run throughout the academy successfully and effectively.
To play a leading and highly visible role in the day-to-day management of the academy ensuring both the pastoral/academic success of all students across all faculty areas.
To oversee standards and provision throughout all key stages, identifying the strategic issues that need to be addressed by the academy Leadership Group.
To work with the Executive Principal and Head of Academy to establish a system of self-evaluation and review within the academy that will secure outstanding student achievement through the professional success of all staff. This will be supported by rigorous systems for monitoring, evaluation and review.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in the London area, and helping create exceptional places of learning. In choosing a Vice Principal, we will be looking for someone who:
- Holds QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree;
- Is an excellent practitioner;
- Is able to model and disseminate high quality teaching and learning;
- Has high expectations of staff and pupils as well as themselves;
- Is committed to achieving the best outcomes for all pupils;
- Is innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Is committed to on-going professional development;
- Is willing to contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is able to work well as part of our Leadership team.
About Harris Academy Chafford Hundred:
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ 11-19 academy with a very strong reputation in the local community. With values of ‘Excel, Exceed and Explore’, the academy is a school for the future, preparing students for success through personalised learning, and improving continuously in every aspect of delivery.
Why work at Harris Academy Chafford Hundred?
- The number one non-selective school in Essex, according to the Real Schools Guide 2017
- A diverse and vibrant student population serving one of the fastest
- One of only six designated Teaching Hubs nationally, providing exceptional opportunities for professional development
- A proven commitment to our staff, holding Investors In People Gold accreditation
- A modern and attractive working environment
- A two week October half term
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Excellent transport links to London and the surrounding areas, both by road and rail
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Chafford Hundred are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 01375 484 580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
Apply online and submit your application before the closing deadline.
- As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- A network of fellow senior leaders and Principals with a wealth of knowledge and expertise
- Support and mentoring from some of the best executive leaders in education
- Unrivalled opportunities for leadership progression and preparing you for your first Principalship
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Plus, the opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement. Harris is a Federation and not a chain; each academy is different, reflecting the particular aspirations and leadership style of its Principal. Our vision is that Harris academies work collaboratively in sharing school improvement strategies, and support one another as part of the wider Harris Federation.
We look for talented leaders who want to help transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.