Midland Academies Trust has the opportunity to invite a colleague interested in joining a knowledge focused trust to our senior team by appointing a Vice Principal for Hartshill School to start Easter 2019. This post has arisen due to the promotion of the previous post holder to headship.
You will have heard about The Midland Academies Trust, where we believe that our staff are our greatest resource. Everything we do as a Trust has to fulfil the twin aims of accelerating student progress and reducing staff workload – if it doesn’t achieve both we simply don’t do it
We want it to be easy for our staff to help students achieve well and be prepared for a successful future. That’s why we continually review how we work and actively promote teachers as experts in their classrooms; provide a curriculum which is rich and deep in knowledge and work within a network of schools committed to using and sharing research led practice. .
• Our students have clear classroom routines so no time is wasted
• Our teachers give whole class feedback, not individualised marking
• Our middle leaders focus on student learning, not data input
• Our senior leaders manage student conduct, not our staff
• Our faculties plan and work together on shared approaches
• Our five year curriculum is highly ambitious and knowledge-led
• Our staff are valued as professional experts in their field
• Our Trust sets time for collaboration and learning from experts
• Our annual calendar of meetings and events are released before the start of the academic year
• Our five year, knowledge-rich curriculum features common examination boards across all schools
We love curriculum
We love young people
We work for social justice
We care for each other
This post will suit a colleague who has had significant experience leading a large department/faculty, or leadership experience at a senior level. We are looking for someone who shares our commitments and who wants to prepare for headship by working, not only as a Vice Principal, but also as a key member of the Trust's Senior Team.
If this sounds like you, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please click 'Apply Now' and once fully completed, please submit your application.
The Principal is available on the following dates for anyone who would like to visit the school:
- Monday 21st January at 2pm
- Tuesday 22nd January at 9.45 am
- Thursday 24th January at 8.45am
If you would like an informal chat or to visit our school so that you can see for yourself the excellent opportunities available, please contact the PA to the Principal, Tel: 02476 392237 ext 200 or email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Sunday 27th January 2019 (midnight)
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The successful candidate will therefore be required to completed an enhanced DBS.
The Midland Academies Trust (MAT) is an independent charitable organisation established by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College.